Ben Henderson vs. Ben Askren

potemkin723

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that former Bellator welterweight champion comes back to Bellator, this is the fight that should be made.

Now that former Bellator welterweight champion comes back to Bellator, this is the fight that should be made.

I'd watch Askren slap that tooth pick straight out of Benson's mouth.

Edit: Benson should be given an easier fight though, just got murdered by Koreshkov then got beat up by Chandler. They need to give him an easier fight first unless he really is joining the Korean army soon, then by all means let him pass the torch a 3rd time to the 170 pound GOAT.

When did Asken sign with Bellator?

If he does sign, I like this fight as a welcome back fight for Askren.

Even at this part of Henderson's career you could argue the most dangerous opponent Askren has faced.

I am a fan (maybe his only fan) of Benson, but he's looked horrible in Bellator. The only fight he won was against Pitbull, and he was losing that one until the injury. Anyway, maybe he should fight someone OTHER than a champion for a little bit.

I'd watch Askren slap that tooth pick straight out of Benson's mouth.

Edit: Benson should be given an easier fight though, just got murdered by Koreshkov then got beat up by Chandler. They need to give him an easier fight first unless he really is joining the Korean army soon, then by all means let him pass the torch a 3rd time to the 170 pound GOAT.
he was beat by WW Koreshkov [who should be fighting at MW, were it not for his mentor already fighting there]

and then he lost a split dec to Chandler [Chandler was gassed in the 5th, Bendo had his back, both hooks in, could have been an easy 10-8, were it not for Bendo´s BJJ shortcomings]

Askren 170 what?

I am a fan (maybe his only fan) of Benson, but he's looked horrible in Bellator. The only fight he won was against Pitbull, and he was losing that one until the injury. Anyway, maybe he should fight someone OTHER than a champion for a little bit.
horrible against Chandler? was a split dec.

Because he is super durable and Chandler gassed himself looking for the finish. When fresh he was getting worked over. He wasn't even beating Pitbull before freak injury.

He needs an easy fight to get his head back on straight. Askren is at a different level than Bendo today.

Because he is super durable and Chandler gassed himself looking for the finish. When fresh he was getting worked over. He wasn't even beating Pitbull before freak injury.

He needs an easy fight to get his head back on straight. Askren is at a different level than Bendo today.
cardio and toughness = part of the game.

"He wasn't even beating Pitbull " = makes no sense.

Bendo = LW, Askren = WW, and not GOAT at 170

cardio and toughness = part of the game.
Agreed but you don't want your comeback to take place largely because your opponent gassed

"He wasn't even beating Pitbull " = makes no sense.

Sure it does; he just got beatdown for 5 rounds by Koeshkov and he looked timid again in this fight. After losing 6 straight rounds he lucked out that Pitbull got hurt from a Bendo leg check. Checking a kick should encourage your opponent to stop throwing them but isn't a legit way to win.

Bendo = LW, Askren = WW,

This is how it should be but 3 of Bendos last 5 fights have been at WW and he was talking about holding two belts. Plus he beat what might be a top 5 ufc WW in Masvidal. So its not like he can't handle fighting a WW, but he would be wise to avoid 170lbs in Bellator and he l'd be very wise to avoid the Funky Goat.

Agreed but you don't want your comeback to take place largely because your opponent gassed

Sure it does; he just got beatdown for 5 rounds by Koeshkov and he looked timid again in this fight. After losing 6 straight rounds he lucked out that Pitbull got hurt from a Bendo leg check. Checking a kick should encourage your opponent to stop throwing them but isn't a legit way to win.

This is how it should be but 3 of Bendos last 5 fights have been at WW and he was talking about holding two belts. Plus he beat what might be a top 5 ufc WW in Masvidal. So its not like he can't handle fighting a WW, but he would be wise to avoid 170lbs in Bellator and he l'd be very wise to avoid the Funky Goat.
he took fights at 170 coz of bad timing and agenda, all top dudes were either booked at LW, or had already fought him (Pettis & Edgar) or were going down (Edgar)

Cardio is part of the game, period.

Nuthin´to see in the Pitbull fight.

He has looked horrible in Bellator. I didn't say against Chandler. I said in Bellator. 1-2 is horrible for a former UFC champion still in his prime in an "inferior" company. (I don't think Bellator is inferior)

He has looked horrible in Bellator. I didn't say against Chandler. I said in Bellator. 1-2 is horrible for a former UFC champion still in his prime in an "inferior" company. (I don't think Bellator is inferior)
hmmmm...

Bendo-Chandler happened in UFC then...

I don't know what you read that makes you think that, but that's ok...either way, I think Bendo has looked awful. That's pretty much my point.
"He has looked horrible in Bellator. I didn't say against Chandler. I said in Bellator."

"He has looked horrible in Bellator. I didn't say against Chandler. I said in Bellator."
OK. I'm not taking the time to keep going back and forth. He's looked bad in Bellator. AND against Chandler. I just didn't mention Chandler. I mentioned Bellator. That's what I was saying. Anyway, have a good nite.

Back