Ben Askren vs Zebazstian Kadestam Confirmed for ONE: Shanghai

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
DHch8RUXkAETv4E.jpg

Another throw away opponent for Askren, ONE is such a joke.​

This Ben dude seems to talk all this smack but faces lower grade cans than Fedor.

Another throw away opponent for Askren, ONE is such a joke.​

I thought they were going to set up Askren vs. Santos II (again) by having them both on the same card together.

Problem was that Santos lost while Askren won.

Since Kadestam derailed the plan, he gets the fight with Ben

Never seen askren fight live. Is ONE on cable tv, or do they show it on fight pass? Regardless of the talent of his opponent I need to finally get around to watching this guy

His style might not be appealing. He might not have a lot of quality wins. But I believe in Ben Askren. I've been a fan since before he was Bellator champ and will continue to support him in whatever organization he chooses to fight for.

Last edited:
The fight makes sense, most people were willing to accept a Sapo rematch, Kadestam scored a big KO over Sapo so he gets the shot.

Never seen askren fight live. Is ONE on cable tv, or do they show it on fight pass? Regardless of the talent of his opponent I need to finally get around to watching this guy

Almost all of his fights are on youtube. (sent you a PM)
Askren vs koreshkov would be your most entertaining watch.

His next fight will be streamed live on flocombat which I believe is about 20ish a month or 120 a year.

Last edited:
The fight makes sense, most people were willing to accept a Sapo rematch, Kadestam scored a big KO over Sapo so he gets the shot.

Yep. Its not top level obviously but his next opponent is at least talented unlike that poor kid he beat up last fight ha.

I'm glad this main event should take place around 8a.m. on a Saturday. I've had to call in sick too many times on Fridays to watch him fight.

Actually can't complain about this fight. Ben's opponent is coming off that brutal knockout win of Santos. So he earned it with that, same time I see askren using his wrestling for either a decision or submission

Couldn't you watch it at work?

I was working in a prison last year so that wasn't an option. I probably could at my current job but it would be soundless and likely be interrupted to the point of being unenjoyable. Id rather use sick time.

Yawn.........................I wonder if ONE FC even tries to find quality fights for Ben. Do you think they even try to call around to someone to offer a one off fight(even if its non-title) or even offer a contract to anyone with name value to fight Ben as they come up????

Great Zeba got a KO on Santos. Who by the way is pretty long in the tooth with something like 70 fights under his belt and is in his upper 30's. Beyond that hasn't done anything in his fight career.

P.S.: God, I hope he has an out clause after this fight. I know he tweeted or commented not to long ago about some other orgs for 2018 and hasn't talked like that in a long time. Please let it be true.

Askren may very well be the best WW on the planet but we'll never know.

Askren may very well be the best WW on the planet but we'll never know.

If Lima jumps ship to the UFC and wins the belt he'd have just as much claim at being the best as anyone else in the weight class.

Hell he will have a claim if Lima beats Rory.

Last edited:
Back