Ben Askren vs. Shinya Aoki

Big letdown, but that's to be expected from Aoki

Doesn't really do Askren's legacy any favours but I don't think he gives a shit

Aoki always fades when he faces some adversity. Shit was wack but congrats Askren

Undefeated

Will go down as the only fighter to be DUCKED by a whole organization...the UFC...it’s on record, and don’t you haters who complain about him finishing up in ONE forget that either.

Mach Sakurai (before their second mma fight) "when aoki's grappling gets exposed, he's got nothing left in him, because he has no pro-level athleticism."

wrestler vs BJJ how to counter active guard. pick them up and slam them and proceed with GNP!

"Aoki nerd"??? Lol, see this is all people like you do when presented with facts- use an ad hominem. When people are acting as though Aoki has no chance based on size I'm going to bring up that they know shit.

Right. Good call.

Aoki guard was awful, like he was in a light roll in some bjj club. But yeah, congrats to Ben.

any video of Askren KO Aoki?

well, that was quick.

If American you have to subscribe to www.flocombat.com for the month. Every other country can order the ippv off the one championship website for 9.99 I believe.

Biggest scam in history to get people to sign up for Flo. Never once did ONE or Flo, when announcing this deal, ever say it would only be for Ben's fights. I bought a whole year, thinking I would save over buying their iPPVs individually. GAY!

Mach Sakurai (before their second mma fight) "when aoki's grappling gets exposed, he's got nothing left in him, because he has no pro-level athleticism."

I like that, Mach knows best. That being said though, and the truth...No doubt he has done incredible in the sport.

Undefeated

Will go down as the only fighter to be DUCKED by a whole organization...the UFC...it’s on record, and don’t you haters who complain about him finishing up in ONE forget that either.
UFC can do without that dorky curly haired wrestler who's career is based off cans

sorry guys that quoted me

i thought it was tomorrow morning at 7. im at work now so no way i coulda found a stream

Good for Askren for owning Bellator and ONE FC, and probably making some nice bank..but his legacy in MMA is quite forgettable as a result.

18-0, yet you could count on one hand the number of guys who were UFC-calibre at the time he faced them...and who among them would even be consistent top 10 in UFC? Lima, Koreshkov, and...um...yeah. going out by beating a LW is weak af too, but par for the course, isn't it?

what a waste of a career, from a fan perspective. I wish Askren came to UFC without expectations and we got to see how good he really was.

Aoki tried to pull guard and Ben f-ed him up with right hands. Could have been stopped 15 seconds earlier. To be fair, Ben looked at least 25 lbs heavier.

Count me in with those who want to see Ben against top competition.

Back