Ben Askren thinks that Khabib will beat up Tony. Werdum says Khabibs will beat Ferguson.

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
"Tony will think he can submit Khabib but it will not be enough to get it and he will get damaged over and over while Tony is close to a submission"

"Khabib beat Ferguson because i think Kabib game is very hard game. He showed last fight and i think he is a amazing fighter. I think he beat Ferguson, but Ferguson is very dangerous to man"

Werdum`s prediction on Stipe vs Ngannou was very good

They are both right. Nurmagomedov is much better than Ferguson.

I don't give Ferguson much of a chance. Once the fight hits the ground... and pound. Khabib is just on another level in the grappling game. But I am Pumped for this fight to actually happen.

The favorite is obviously Khabib, but Tony does have some interesting style strengths that potentially make for a good challenge to him. Great front chokes, & a sick bottom game, those two things specifically can be a foil to a great wrestler. And of course, standup can always be a factor if he lands something big. It makes for an interesting matchup. Now here's hoping it actually makes it to the cage this time.

The Kevin Lee and Michael Johnson are the two key fights to look to. Both those fights he wasn't the better wrestler.

Kevin Lee was winning early on, staph prolly slowed him down, but Khabib isn't slowing down and has much better BJJ skills.

I don't give Ferguson much of a chance. Once the fight hits the ground... and pound. Khabib is just on another level in the grappling game. But I am Pumped for this fight to actually happen.

everything can happen in a fight but i think it`s very underrated on khabib his ability to react to scrambles.
he barely needed to do that because in mma grappling is like boxing... very limited.
in MMA some scrambles are often enough to react and get out of something but in high level grappling u see how they fight in scrambles over and over again...counter.. position... counter.. position... over and over again.
just watch some pure grappling matches with khabib and u will find out how deep he can go in terms of grappling.

High praise from 2 of the best grapplers in the game.

I for one am shocked that Werdum would be against Tony

The favorite is obviously Khabib, but Tony does have some interesting style strengths that potentially make for a good challenge to him. Great front chokes, & a sick bottom game, those two things specifically can be a foil to a great wrestler. And of course, standup can always be a factor if he lands something big. It makes for an interesting matchup. Now here's hoping it actually makes it to the cage this time.
And before he caught Lee with that triangle, he had him in trouble earlier with a nice armbar too.

And before he caught Lee with that triangle, he had him in trouble earlier with a nice armbar too.

Yeah, guys who can actually attack in a dangerous way off their back are still rare in MMA, but Ferguson is one of those guys. His constant training with Eddie Bravo shows in his fights. He really goes after it when someone is in his guard. Khabib is pretty damn special on top too though.

They're both biased

Khabib has definitely shown weakness on his feet, and Tony is pinpoint accurate with his boxing. The safe bet is on Khabib, but don't write Tony off by any means.

Khabib is a very good fighter but he's like the Loch Ness monster at this point. Pretty soon, someone's gunna kick him in the head like they do every other wrestler & he'll be put back into perspective

Khabib neck is there for the taking. Tony by darce or some other neck choke.

Khabib is far and away the better grappler, in every possible way. Two great grapplers see that and people should take their opinions with that in mind.
Tony's best chance to win is on the feet and keeping distance.

Good points, I think Askren and Werdum are both very cerebral analysts both when fighting (Werdum's Stipe fight aside) and when speaking about fights.

Back