Ben Askren thinks it's insane to say GSP has the best wrestling for MMA

• Thread starter Deleted member 245586
  • Start date
the same gsp that lost an eye on the feet to jake shields?

gsppoke.jpg

shieldseyepoke02_medium.gif

Askren is just wanting a shot at The Goat is all and if he keeps this up he may get it Sonnen style.

Does he seriously still not understand what MMA wrestling is

Askren is a better wrestler. But they won't be having a wrestling match if they ever meet.
GSP is the king of the transition game. He is so good everywhere which is why he can dominate.
He strikes with you so you worried about that, then bam nails the TD. When your looking out for his TD he beats you up on the feet.

Good post but I seem to remember in the Kos rematch GSP pointedly not being able to take Kos down, and then resorting to jabbing him to death.

Not saying much really but I personally feel like Kos is his equal as a wrestler/take down artist.

That's weird, I remember Kos being taken down in the 1st, 4th, and 5th rounds landing about 50% of his takedowns.

the same gsp that lost a round on the feet to jake shields?
How could Shields not win when he clearly practiced the lost art of "Finger in Eye" striking. Why don't more fighters use the technique of punching with your fingers sticking straight out? Oh that's right it's ILLEGAL.

Ben Askren needs to shut his mouth until he can prove to himself that he is a worthy contender in the UFC. Not some other organization. Ben Askren's gonna get knocked out if he comes over to the UFC guaranteed. Give him Hector Lombard.

and you didn't need FightMetric to know that!

If I used fight metric I would have told you exactly how many times he took him down. It's at least 3, maybe 5 times. There wasn't a whole lot of takedown action because GSP destroyed Kos' eye standing the whole fight. When GSP did go for the takedown, he didn't go hard, and still got about half of them.

Even if I used fightmetric, what does that have to do with the point I replied to being completely wrong? Nothing? Ok thought so.

Has this Askren guy taken down the caliber guys GSP has been taking down? (in mma duh)

Has this Askren guy taken down the caliber guys GSP has been taking down? (in mma duh)

He fights in Bellator and struggled with Jay Hieron. So ... no. The last guy Askren fought said he didn't train wrestling at all, as in not even for a minute.

Askren has great wrestling credentials, his MMA wrestling is completely unproven.

Askren is stirring up the pot. GSP's wrestling is the best in MMA.

I can't wait til this guy gets a rude awakening in the UFC. He just fought a guy who had no wrestling, who didn't even bring a wrestler in for his camp. Any of the many wrestlers at 170 will give this guy a reality check.

Back