Ben Askren slams Dana White again: "I love everybody - except Dana White, he's a dirty scumbag"

Yes because having all the fighters spread out is so great for the fans.
Yeah, it is. The different promotions will compete to provide the best product, fighter pay will go up so more people will be drawn to mma and the talent level will go up.

I actually like Askren, but he would have been in the UFC a long time ago if he spent less time talking about Dana White.

I group him with Cole Konrad. Awesome credentials on paper. retired undefeated. who knows how they would have been against elite competition.

This guy was a great talent and it is our loss we never got to see him compete in the ufc. Strictly a Dana ego thing .

If anything, it'll thrive if the UFC monopoly is broken up.

100% true. If it were less mainstream we wouldn't have the dumb crap like Champs who will not defend and people getting big fights because they run their piehole while better fighters with some humility fight for much less. Remember how a few years ago Nascar was everywhere and their fans were 40% women, and now they can't even give away enough tickets to fill stadiums? That's exactly where UFC is going: All the real fans will leave because it has become more of a circus than competition and the "sport of the minute" fans will have moved on.

I've said it before: within 10 years UFC will be putting on scripted matches, and another 10 years after that they will be completely out of legitimate combat sports altogether.

I actually like Askren, but he would have been in the UFC a long time ago if he spent less time talking about Dana White.

He would have spent less time talking about Dana White if Dana White weren't so unreasonable most of the time, AND Askren would have actually WANTED to be in UFC.

100% true. If it were less mainstream we wouldn't have the dumb crap like Champs who will not defend and people getting big fights because they run their piehole while better fighters with some humility fight for much less. Remember how a few years ago Nascar was everywhere and their fans were 40% women, and now they can't even give away enough tickets to fill stadiums? That's exactly where UFC is going: All the real fans will leave because it has become more of a circus than competition and the "sport of the minute" fans will have moved on.

I've said it before: within 10 years UFC will be putting on scripted matches, and another 10 years after that they will be completely out of legitimate combat sports altogether.

Breaking up the UFC monopoly won't improve the sport alot, since control would be shifted to rival 'warlords' each operating on their own fief so to speak. Having some sort of national league and union to control salaries, fighter share of revenue, rankings would be better to give the broad majority of fighters a fairer return for their service and making sure top elite fighters can't opt to sit out fighting top contenders or compete in another sport without some serious sanctions.

When the ufc turned Askren and bellator didn’t want him either, he was like the old gsp minus the personality, charisma, and PPV draw. Some forget that.

He would have spent less time talking about Dana White if Dana White weren't so unreasonable most of the time, AND Askren would have actually WANTED to be in UFC.

Askren did want to be in the UFC. He's changed his tune a while ago, but he definitely wanted to for a while. I'm not suggesting it's not Dana's fault for being Dana, but had Askren not taken it so personally when Dana made comments about him, he would have been in the UFC years ago.

No clue why he isn't in the UFC ..... like Dana or not he needs to be in the UFC to fight the best fighters ...... is he asking for to much? Don't get it as he isn't that boring an gets a bad rap for being boring fighter an I think that's false.

I wonder? How long until the ufc bosses are being accused, ring girls will be the ones watch lol!

never watched ben askren fight
but he has a new fan
those are fighting words
against a bigger dog (in the big picture)
i hespect that

lol at Askren ragdolling Woodley

Anyone have a video of it? I'd love to see that

Back