Ben Askren says he is better than Khabib!

Anyone with 2 eyes knows that Khabib murks him any day of the week

Not on the ground. Askren doesn't have a lot of ways to win against Khabib. He has worse striking and his BJJ is not good enough
What the heck are you talking about?

Askren's entire game is based on mat-work and folkstyle-BJJ MMA adaptation.

There are really a ton of people who say shit here but don't understand what this fight would very likely look like. They say things like "Khabib's striking is better and the wrestling cancels each other out. Khabib wins easy." Actually...probably not.

Khabib is an extremely good wrestler and is an elite offensive MMA grappler. But Askren is the better wrestler. And despite Khabib's grappling prowess, it IS actually likely that Ben would be the one successfully and doggedly pursuing the TD's. And while Khabib is capable off his back, there's no question that Askren has the advantage if he has top position.

Khabib is the more complete fighter yes. But I'd still favor Askren head to head. I think Khabib's gas tank would have a hard time holding up having to fight off his back for extended periods of time. I think it's likely Ben would just wear him out.

I could be wrong. Maybe Khabib's TDD would hold up better than I think and he could make it a striking match (that he'd likely win handily). But I think it's more likely that he wouldn't have the answers in having to fight (for the first time) someone with a clear wrestling advantage who is at least his size and can consistently put him on his back.

I suppose it's possible. Ben Askren has a great wrestling background, a BJJ black belt and has an extensive MMA career.

They are about the same size & weight. Let's see Khabib step up.

Conor made a career beating smaller fighters at FW. When he finally fought someone who was his size and with great wrestling, he got exposed.

Get over it, dude.

I mean, its not that crazy. I sure wouldn't bet against him.

Conor made a career beating smaller fighters at FW. When he finally fought someone who was his size and with great wrestling, he got exposed.

Get over it, dude.
Khabib haunts him every night. He keeps his night light on.

Straight Wrasslin' Askren would body Khabib. People really underestimate just how exceptional a wrestler Askren is. An absolute treat to watch. That being said, Khabib would likely win an mma bout with 5 minute rounds and striking. I don't think Askren is as helpless standing as people make him out to be, but I do think Khabib is actually a pretty good striker.

Firstly Askren ground game is very good and his wrestling is great also however he doesn't do a lot of damage when he takes them down .

If Askren can't ge the take downs against Khabub I think Khabib has better striking and can win it on feet.

I want to see Askren beat some good UFC guys in there prime first as he has beaten alot of cans in a Bellator .

Askren stil needs to earn a Title shot and he has to beat couple of solid guys first.

Get over it, dude.

Lol, you seem to not be over it, bud. This thread is about Khabib and Askren and you are making it about Conor. Or are you implying that Khabib will get exposed when he fights in the division he belongs?

If Askren got paid for all the shit he talks he would be a very rich man.

Lets see you get your first UFC fight out of the way first, Ben. Then we can discuss how good you are.

Seriously, it's getting rather boring & tedious now.

Khabib will annhilate him. Ben vs Kevin Lee would be a much better fight for the title of watered down Khabib.

Lol, you seem to not be over it, bud. This thread is about Khabib and Askren and you are making it about Conor. Or are you implying that Khabib will get exposed when he fights in the division he belongs?

I'm not over what? Khabib utterly destroyed and exposed Conor.

That dude I was replying to is still butthurt that his false idol got exposed. It's been a month since the beating. Most Conor fans have emotionally moved on, but that dude hasn't, judging by his whining.

I'm not over what? Khabib utterly destroyed and exposed Conor.

That dude I was replying to is still butthurt that his false idol got exposed. It's been a month since the beating. Most Conor fans have emotionally moved on, but that dude hasn't, judging by his whining.

He didn't mention Conor at all. You did. It's also not whining to want to see two fighters of the same size fight each other.

Back