Ben Askren said he would destroy McGregor---New Roasted Podcast

Askren would bury Mcgregor so deep he'd plant a potato in Mcgregor's ass.

Conor is not gonna fight any wrestlers. No camp mendes was only one. Even with no camp and looking like shit a still made Conman look terrible until he gassed.

More like Dana White ducked having him in the UFC.
not really. he was a bellator reject, it's understandable that dana didn't want him when bellator didn't renew his contract. but then a couple of years later dana opened the doors for him and askren shut it down repeatedly. he never really wanted to fight in the ufc. he probably just wanted to use it as leverage. maybe he could have been great, but he never wanted to fight the top guys in his division

Who did he duck? Names please...

He fought every top guy in Bellator. When they didn't renew his agreement and Dana didn't want him, he went to the only org that was available that would pay him decently.

Maybe you should get a better understanding of ducking, for example bisping has been ducking the top 10 middleweights, conor ducked Frankie Edgar... etc.

And if they somehow ever fought a 5 round fight, unless conor cracked Askren early, Askren would pound him, gas him and beat him. Askren is a huge WW with a great gas tank, a granite chin and the best wrestling in MMA.
yeah there was like 2 good guys in bellator. huge resume, right? and read what I said above, at that time dana didn't want him, but later dana was open to a discussion, but he repeatedly burned the bridges to the UFC. he was comforable in oneFC beating top 100 guys and didn't want to test himself with the best fighters in the world, that much is pretty clear

Considering he's a bigger fighter and an amazing wrestler, I think it's very likely that he would drag Conor down and keep him there easily.

talk is cheap. the guy ducked all legitimate competition in these last years. can't really talk. mcgregor accomplished way more than him
This .. all day long. If my aunt had balls....

Ashlee Evans-Smith joins me and Andrew Montanez in Studio. We discuss everything from Ashlee's latest fight to the UFC and Bellator fights last week. I talks about my recent gigs, pissing off Vivica Fox who was in the crowd during my show and more. Ben Askren calls up and talks about why he is retiring after his next fight, how he would destroy Conor McGregor in a fight, his predictions on GSP vs Bisping, his thoughts on standing for the National Anthem and more. Hope you enjoy.

Adam

So, a 170 fighter says he can LNP a 145 fighter. What a tough guy. Could he do it to any of the top 5 at 170 in the UFC? NOPE.

Which ones were controversial ? Other than the Hieron fight none were even close on the scorecards.

I thought there were others...but yes, that fight...I remember he had a ton of trouble against that guy...and Hieron was never anything great in the ufc...

Conor smashes Asskrens face as he sloppily rushes in for a TD.
How delusional are some itt ?

Asskren is only bigger because he's got a sloppy ass dad bod. He's not stronger. His striking is that of someone who is still getting used to keeping the mouthpiece in their mouth.

Do some of you not realize the difference in striking is waaaaay bigger than the difference in grappling ?

And as others have stated, every round starts on the feet.

1st rd KO easily.
The best part would be to see Asskrens ghey ass curly hair fly around as his head snaps back from Conor's left hand.

lol never faced someone with the fire power of Conor? Man, some of you guys are just braindead.

Conor has never faced anyone who has elite level grappling like Ben. Askren would literally win 50-42 if he went the distance.

Well, first, they are different weight classes...at first i was under the impression they are in the same weight class...they aren't..so why even argue...I think that askren would get clocked. and I love how all of a sudden, conor doesn't hit hard...based off of the mayweather fight..haha....people forget how many 1st round stoppages conor has. or the fact that only 2 people have ever gone the distance with conor...and 1 of them was at 170lbs...ONLY 2 PEOPLE. yet the guy doesn't have fire power...haha how many people have gone the distance with mark hunt? I bet more than 2...

talk is cheap. the guy ducked all legitimate competition in these last years. can't really talk. mcgregor accomplished way more than him
ducked nobody lol, dana wouldn't let him in the ufc, that's completely different.

Asskren is only bigger because he's got a sloppy ass dad bod. He's not stronger. His striking is that of someone who is still getting used to keeping the mouthpiece in their mouth.

Do some of you not realize the difference in striking is waaaaay bigger than the difference in grappling ?

1st rd KO easily.
The best part would be to see Asskrens ghey ass curly hair fly around as his head snaps back from Conor's left hand.

That's how i see it as well...it only takes 1 or 2 punches from conor to end the fight...

1st rd KO easily.
lol no, the striking is not a way bigger gap then the grappling and that's not even debatable.

Assuming Askren in UFC, Conor would be kept away from him :). Askren wouldn't even get the Mendes treatment.

Otherwise, he'd most likely bend Conor into a pretzel.

lol no, the striking is not a way bigger gap then the grappling and that's not even debatable.

It's too early to be drinking bro.

The difference in striking is probably the biggest difference in a skill set between 2 fighters in all of MMA.

Like I said Asskren is still figuring out how not to spit his mouthpiece out and Conor just went 10 rounds with one of the all time greatest in boxing.

There's absolutely no way that Asskren gets within range of Conor without getting his skull smashed.

His TD and GnP ability will be significantly diminished after taking a left hand to the noggin. And you will see fear on his face and hesitancy to engage after that.

Conor before the fight

"EEZ A FOOKEN SKINNYFAT BOOM WIT NO STROIKIN, ID LIGHT IM UP ON THE FEET AN FINISH IM WIT GROIND N POIND"

Conor after the fight

"I stepped up to take on the bigger man, he was 7 times my size, a natural heavyweight. I thought i dominated him on the ground but i got tired...i tink i been eaten too many sardines. and thats when he was able to take the mount. But aside from the last 4 and a half minutes of round one, and fooket, the other four rounds, i tott i was handy, dominating him from de bottom like a ju jitsu mike tyson"

Nothing about being "efficient with energy"? Much disappoint.

Get to the UFC first

giphy.gif

That's how i see it as well...it only takes 1 or 2 punches from conor to end the fight...

Like he ended Cabo Diaz, right? FWIW, Askren's chin seems to be as solid as they come. So was Nate's.

Conor would gas harder from being ragdolled than peppered by Diaz punches.

I
There's absolutely no way that Asskren gets within range of Conor without getting his skull smashed.

Mini Mendes took him down and held him there for a while. Askren is in another league. I understand you like hyperbole, but "absolutely no way" goes beyond that.

Back