Ben Askren predicts a Montreal fight with GSP in late 2019

I don't think overpaid is the right word here. Askren was the star of their promotion. Have you seen any of the shows? They had huge crowds in attendance.

His pay was 50/50 for his initial agreement with escalating pay if he kept winning plus sponsorship endorsements. Apparently there was back room money as well.

Not to mention they gave him a Lamborghini for one of his wins on top of everything else.

It's not inconceivable that he was getting close to million a fight for his last 3-4 fights.

I think he definitely got a million for the last 4 each at least.

ummm no its not....

if you cant retire off 2mil you are either a wannabe baller buying extremely expensive/luxurious shit or just an idiot.

throw me 2million right now, and I promise you Ill never work another day in my life and still live really comfortably.

Askren is a complete joke. He has great wrestling and nothing else. GSP has better wrestling (MMA wrestling). Askren is fighting FWs like Aioki and GSP fights killers and just beat the UFC MW champion. Aside from no one in the world knowing who Askren is (Casuals) no one can even consider him to be in the top 10 WWs of all time and GSP is the #1 WW of all time by a very wide margin. Askren says he doesn't need money but he clearly WANTS money. He can beg all he wants but it will never happen and it wouldn't be competitive, not remotely.

Exactly. If he doesn't need money then he would go to the ufc. But on no, his feelings are hurt.

if you cant retire off 2mil you are either a wannabe baller buying extremely expensive/luxurious shit or just an idiot.

throw me 2million right now, and I promise you Ill never work another day in my life and still live really comfortably.

Me too brotha

GSP out wrestles him.
5778318189_bc017e3d5f_b.jpg
<Lmaoo><36><Lmaoo>

Lol 2 mil not being enough to retire on.

Right. I am 32 and I know that I would be able to retire right now on $2 mil. You would have 0 debt and if you invest some of it properly, you would be just fine.

Askren is a complete joke. He has great wrestling and nothing else. GSP has better wrestling (MMA wrestling). Askren is fighting FWs like Aioki and GSP fights killers and just beat the UFC MW champion. Aside from no one in the world knowing who Askren is (Casuals) no one can even consider him to be in the top 10 WWs of all time and GSP is the #1 WW of all time by a very wide margin. Askren says he doesn't need money but he clearly WANTS money. He can beg all he wants but it will never happen and it wouldn't be competitive, not remotely.

i dont really know what to say to you, any real martial artist or educated fan knows Askren is legit as fuck, he demolished koreshkov and lima. lima almost beat rory mcdonald last month, and askren made it look easy agaisnt him. His competition has been easy lately at Onefc but that does not take away how good he really is. Dont let Dana fool you that he isnt good enough, easily comes off the couch and beats 95% of the ufc welterweight roster. Very few guys are going to be able to stop him from implementing his wrestle fuck gameplan, he is also very very good at jiu jitsu

Askren vs Rory is the fight that needs to happen. UFC would never sign Askren, and we'd have to wait almost 2 years if Askren wants the fight in late 2019. Rory is GSPs protege, and Bellator could easily make this fight happen. GSP may as well stay retired and let Rory take the reigns as the #1 WW now.

GSP has a UFC contract.

Askren does not.

What more needs to be said? This ain't happening

Askren loves to run his mouth, and since he's no longer fighting, he has all the time in the world to run his mouth, going on a world wide tour of mouth running.

Keep dreaming Ben. You had the chance to fight him, you wanted $$$$ instead of the toughest guys to test yourself against. Im thinkn by late 2019 Ben be broke, and is already trying to get something in the works.

Keep dreaming Ben. You had the chance to fight him, you wanted $$$$ instead of the toughest guys to test yourself against. Im thinkn by late 2019 Ben be broke, and is already trying to get something in the works.

Huh? The UFC blacklisted him

He needs to be in some kind of crazy run for that to happen, no way GSP would fight a guy who never fought in the UFC and have been retired for years and the most important thing this match up doesn't bring money(from askren side clearly)

Oblivious. 1 top 15 win in your career does not equal fight GSP. Get a clue Mr Askren

This, though I have no problem watching GSP slaughter him, he should at least have one top ten win to his name, and not a top 15 win from years and years ago.

Askren should fight gsp and then take on khabib

Not gonna happen, but it would be a great hugathon.

So much dumb here, not sure where to begin....

A) not fighting in Asia by choice

B) accidental eyepoke 2:19 in the first round... fights only go 2 minutes?

C) sets up a rematch with the guy who shows up overweight for fight (at 170 btw). Askren still agrees to fight him as long as his rehydrated weight isn't over 190 pounds. Idiot refuses....

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11...off-one-boss-disgusted-by-luis-santos-actions

A) Ohh someone had a gun to askrens fat head head to fight weak ass cans in Asia? Nope
B) Did you see the fight? Santos was owning Askren, defended every takedown attempt Askren threw at him, and even kicked him down. Askren was so off his game he paniced and then the eye poke.
C) Santos did not want to fight because he missed weight and it's wasn't for the belt. So who the fuck would even bother.

Who the fuck is Askren anyways? ask the causal MMA fan and you'll see hahahahah
Keep nuthuggin man it's all good!

Back