Ben Askren predicts a Montreal fight with GSP in late 2019

no one know who the fuck Askren is, since that bitch ass was hiding in asia for his "prime" years, then pulls an accidental "eye poke" against a journeyman when he was losing. Why the fuck would GSP fight a no name when he's been constantly saying he wants only money fights?

nlzm4Gt.gif

This isn't the first time I've heard him say he doesn't need anymore money. I'm curious to know how much he made fighting over seas and elsewhere. Pretty cool if he is that well off.

UTKRPIx.jpg

no one know who the fuck Askren is, since that bitch ass was hiding in asia for his "prime" years, then pulls an accidental "eye poke" against a journeyman when he was losing. Why the fuck would GSP fight a no name when he's been constantly saying he wants only money fights?

So much dumb here, not sure where to begin....

A) not fighting in Asia by choice

B) accidental eyepoke 2:19 in the first round... fights only go 2 minutes?

C) sets up a rematch with the guy who shows up overweight for fight (at 170 btw). Askren still agrees to fight him as long as his rehydrated weight isn't over 190 pounds. Idiot refuses....

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/11...off-one-boss-disgusted-by-luis-santos-actions

Last edited:
Askren isn't moving GSP's needle.

This isn't the first time I've heard him say he doesn't need anymore money. I'm curious to know how much he made fighting over seas and elsewhere. Pretty cool if he is that well off.

Askren said he would have fought Lawler for free long ago. I really dont think Ben is as motivated by money as like, ConnieMac for ex.

I love Askren as much as any Askren fan but that's just an impossibility. They'll never fight. If they did GSP would outmuscle him to a decision if not finish him. Askren is adaptable as they come but I don't think he can deal with GSP's size and pace for 3 rounds let alone 5 rounds. Again, this is no knock on Askren. GSP is just better.

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/ben-askren-predicts-late-2019-showdown-with-georges-st-pierre-montreal

On his motivation:
“My main motivation is to prove I’m No. 1 in the world,” Askren recently told MMAjunkie Radio. “I think it will happen, at the Bell Centre (in Montreal). Me vs. ‘GSP,’ probably somewhere in late 2019. … I don’t need to make any more money from fighting, and there’s only one thing left to prove. I’ve been No. 1 for the past five years, and I’ve unfortunately never had the chance to prove that fight. It’s the one thing that interests me.”

Why he stopped pursuing UFC:
“(My first UFC negotiation) was so dirty, it left such a bad taste in my mouth,” Askren said. “I already didn’t want to talk to Dana. I don’t trust a damn word that comes out of his mouth. I don’t trust a word. It’s like, why did I never pursue that again? Well, it’s because the first time I got screwed over – it was just about as dirty a deal as anyone could give you. I don’t want to have that discussion again. I don’t trust them one bit.”

On his health:
“I’m 33, and I’ve taken very good care of my body,” Askren said. “I’ve never taken PEDs, so there’s no ill affects from that. I’ve never had a very major injury since college, and that was my neck, and it’s been over a decade, so I’m fine there. I’m very healthy. I’m planning on staying in good shape – not fighting shape. But I don’t see myself as being one of those guys that’s going to age very quickly.”
We seriously gonna entertain a non-relevant twitter troll? He does this bullshit all the time. Fuck Ben Askren and his mom. He's a piece of shit.

Askren wins a SD over Jay Heiron
gsptkosjayhieron.gif

GSP round 1 destruction.

MMAth doesn't always tell the tale but GSP is a better wrestler then Askren and Askren has absolutely nothing else.

Saying GSP is better at striking to grappling is one thing. Kind of a joke to say hes a better wrestler than Ben. GsP has done it to other wrestlers before so maybe he can prove so again. But lol to say hes better than Ben. Esp cuz mmamath

I like Askren a lot but he lacks experience against the really top guys (through no fault of his own). The likely scenario is GSP keeps him at bay and spams 1-2's like he did against Koscheck.

To be fair Askren had an easy victory over a guy Rory barely beat.

Saying GSP is better at striking to grappling is one thing. Kind of a joke to say hes a better wrestler than Ben. GsP has done it to other wrestlers before so maybe he can prove so again. But lol to say hes better than Ben. Esp cuz mmamath
GSP is a better MMA wrestler then Askren. Maybe Askren beats GSP in a wrestling match but GSP has beat the living shit out of better wrestlers then Askren or at least better at using it in MMA. Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch, Hendricks etc.

Askren's best win was over Douglas Lima and the rest are really far behind in their level. GSP's record is littered with dominant wins over WWs who would beat Askren easily. There is a reason he was fighitng FWs like Aioki while GSP was beating the best in the world.

GSP is a better MMA wrestler then Askren. Maybe Askren beats GSP in a wrestling match but GSP has beat the living shit out of better wrestlers then Askren or at least better at using it in MMA. Koscheck, Hughes, Fitch, Hendricks etc.

Askren's best win was over Douglas Lima and the rest are really far behind in their level. GSP's record is littered with dominant wins over WWs who would beat Askren easily. There is a reason he was fighitng FWs like Aioki while GSP was beating the best in the world.

Hold on, are you saying that Fitch, koschek , Hughes and Hendricks have a better wrestling pedigree than Askren?

How many of them competed in the Olympics in wrestling? None...

Not interested in this bum, he needs to prove himself against good competition, he can do that in PFL or Bellator if he wants that fight.

I got respect for askren. He’s had a good career. I think the ufc should give him a couple fights, not necessarily a title fight, but someone in the top 10 would be nice

I think GSP would make Ben look like an amateur.

I don't think this fight will ever happen. Ben is more likely to get a shot at Rory who I also think would beat him. I would watch both

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/ben-askren-predicts-late-2019-showdown-with-georges-st-pierre-montreal

On his motivation:
“My main motivation is to prove I’m No. 1 in the world,” Askren recently told MMAjunkie Radio. “I think it will happen, at the Bell Centre (in Montreal). Me vs. ‘GSP,’ probably somewhere in late 2019. … I don’t need to make any more money from fighting, and there’s only one thing left to prove. I’ve been No. 1 for the past five years, and I’ve unfortunately never had the chance to prove that fight. It’s the one thing that interests me.”

Why he stopped pursuing UFC:
“(My first UFC negotiation) was so dirty, it left such a bad taste in my mouth,” Askren said. “I already didn’t want to talk to Dana. I don’t trust a damn word that comes out of his mouth. I don’t trust a word. It’s like, why did I never pursue that again? Well, it’s because the first time I got screwed over – it was just about as dirty a deal as anyone could give you. I don’t want to have that discussion again. I don’t trust them one bit.”

On his health:
“I’m 33, and I’ve taken very good care of my body,” Askren said. “I’ve never taken PEDs, so there’s no ill affects from that. I’ve never had a very major injury since college, and that was my neck, and it’s been over a decade, so I’m fine there. I’m very healthy. I’m planning on staying in good shape – not fighting shape. But I don’t see myself as being one of those guys that’s going to age very quickly.”

its hard to call someone nr1 when he beats a almost retired inactive fighter and GSP is a half retired, inactive fighter.
ben askren needs to beat someone from the active challenge who looks unstoppable and is in his prime.
ben askren needs fights against guys like tony ferguson, khabib, darren till, woodley and so on to prove hes the top notch AND he needs couple of fights against them. 2 fights against khabib, 2 fight against tony ferguson and he needs to beat them all over again, then he fights darren till for example and beats him.. to mean nr.1 u need to go through the dirty challenge. then u can say hes top noth.. beating a half retired guy in a money fight doesnt prove that he is the nr.1.

Askren isn't a money fight so I don't see why GSP would bother

But.... if they did GSP would make it look easy

Thats not true. If he was nothing but great wrestling he would be getting subbed a lot like Chael.
Askren isn't getting subbed because he isn't fighting top competition. Chael has47 fights with a record of 31-15-1 of 15 losses 9 were subs. Those fighters were Anderson Silva, Forest Griffin, Maia, Filho, Jeremy Horn x 2, Renato Sobral, Trevor Prangley and Tito. Aside from Tito and Prangley (I have no idea) all those fighters have very good to great BJJ but all are as big or bigger then Chael.

Most of Askren's opponents are either smaller then him, have no BJJ (relatively) or both.

Back