Ben Askren on Khabib's wrestling greatness

Khabib getting a compliment on his wrestling by Askren. Not bad.

The guy with the bigger gas tank will win this fight. Either Khabib breaks Tony with his wrestling. Or Tony manages to keep the fight standing/survives the barrage on the ground and out-conditions Khabib leading to a beatdown and victory for Tony.

It blows my mind this doesn't get said more often.

Khabib has a good edge in grappling, Tony has a edge on the feet. They are fairly evenly matched overall, and we shouldn't 'expect' a quick stoppage.

Whoever runs out of gas first is in a world of trouble.

To his credit, he defeated Koreshkov (former Bellator WW champion) and current WW champion (Douglas Lima). Easily. These guys are no jokes...look up Koreshkov vs Henderson.
Also he defeated Lyman Good, who is currently in the UFC.
2 good wins thats it? out of 15?

You haven't made any statement at all. How should we qualify that?
However u want, its ur thread, full of your bullshit. U are obviously a noob, chuck liddell showed many years ago how to beat grapplers, TDD and superior striking.

However u want, its ur thread, full of your bullshit. U are obviously a noob, chuck liddell showed many years ago how to beat grapplers, TDD and superior striking.

That's fine with me. English is not my first language (even not the second). What I meant on the whole is that one can't deny it's hard to fight guys like Khabib, Askren or Cormier, since they always have their high-level wrestling at their disposal or as their main weapon.

Askren has a style nearly IDENTICAL to Khabibs. Of COURSE he's going to say that. lol
At least he was really respectful* of tony and acknowledged that tony COULD win the fight.

For the record i still want to see the funky one in the ufc. I think he deserves good pay and the best competition he can face. I think he has earned it.

Askren is high. Over glamorizing and masterbating to the idea of someone in mma having "unstoppable wrestling"

Tony Ferguson is not going to have a problem in the grappling dept.
Look back at Tony's fight vs last call Castillo. Tony was struggling and it is clear khabib has better wrestling and grappling vs Castillo.

And a legendary chin, and a Kenpo background with a lot of power in your hands. You act like one can just train to become just like Chuck Liddell. Having a mohawk and training takedown defense doesn't make you capable of beating high level grapplers.

And you want to talk about being full of bullshit...

Tony better not be going for Rubber Guard off his back or he's going to get his shit pushed in

And a legendary chin, and a Kenpo background with a lot of power in your hands. You act like one can just train to become just like Chuck Liddell. Having a mohawk and training takedown defense doesn't make you capable of beating high level grapplers.

And you want to talk about being full of bullshit...
Hey im not here to teach u mma. If u cant think of ur own examples of sprawlers and brawlers decimating bjj blackbelts then too bad for u, there are TONS

Back