Ben Askren on Khabib's wrestling greatness

bettergenes

FTW
Banned
Reaction score

"Nurmagomedov has a fight against Tony Ferguson coming up. I'm wondering how you see that match-up going.

Tony's good. He's really good. With that being said, I guess my general feeling would be as good as Tony Ferguson is, I don't think he's good enough to stop Khabib from implementing the style he wants to implement.

In what way? What makes him so dominant?

He's so good at the wrestling and the control. With that, if you actually apply that, it's so hard — you have to be at such a certain level — to stop it. If you're not at that level, he just trumps everything you have. Even if you're really good and Tony Ferguson is one of those guys, he's good everywhere. He doesn't really have a huge weakness, right? But he's not really amazing in one place. Maybe I'm totally wrong, but that's kind of how I feel."

Askren knows..!
Read more here: http://www.mmafighting.com/2017/2/2...en-on-khabib-nurmagomedovs-wrestling-mma-news

Askren has a style nearly IDENTICAL to Khabibs. Of COURSE he's going to say that. lol

Askren is high. Over glamorizing and masterbating to the idea of someone in mma having "unstoppable wrestling"

Tony Ferguson is not going to have a problem in the grappling dept.

Just a gentle reminder. Askren is 15-0 in MMA.
Just another gentle reminder, Asken fights at the "ONE" shit show and his new signature move is the eye poke not to mention his stand up makes Rousey look like Roy Jones Jnr.

Khabib getting a compliment on his wrestling by Askren. Not bad.

The guy with the bigger gas tank will win this fight. Either Khabib breaks Tony with his wrestling. Or Tony manages to keep the fight standing/survives the barrage on the ground and out-conditions Khabib leading to a beatdown and victory for Tony.

Just another gentle reminder, Asken fights at the "ONE" shit show and his new signature move is the eye poke not to mention his stand up makes Rousey look like Roy Jones Jnr.

To his credit, he defeated Koreshkov (former Bellator WW champion) and current WW champion (Douglas Lima). Easily. These guys are no jokes...look up Koreshkov vs Henderson.
Also he defeated Lyman Good, who is currently in the UFC.

Askren is high. Over glamorizing and masterbating to the idea of someone in mma having "unstoppable wrestling"

Tony Ferguson is not going to have a problem in the grappling dept.

Danny Castillo next LW champ.

Ben Asschin get the fuck back into Bellator to fight Rory, or get the fuck to the UFC, stop dry humping cans and show us all if you're legit or not.

Back