Ben Askren not in the UFC is a travesty.

So the UFC isn't allowed to develop talent unless it 100% corners the market and buys up every single fighter who has done well outside its organization? Yeah, that's a much better argument. UFC is a business, not a sport. MMA is a sport. The UFC will make business decisions which are aligned with their financial goals. I think that maybe there's a reason why Ben was let go by his former employer and not picked up by the UFC... do you know what/those reason(s) might be? Would you pay the man top dollar to come in and wrestlefuck people to boring decisions? The UFC did a good job of getting rid of its dead weight, why should they just go and pick up more?

I don't blame Dana, but the UFC consumers. If they/you prefer to see the top guys in the world fighting flashy meh fighters as Erik Silva instead of one of the best grapplers in the world...Dana just offer the product they demand.

By the way, GTFO with that shit about "wrestlefuck to boring decisions". 1- I don't necessarily look for "get excited" when watch MMA, I have my girlfriend for that need. 2- I don't find boring the best grappling displays in the world. Grappling is a fundamental aspect of MMA and fighting, I appreciate it and enjoy it, and I definitely want to see the best at it fighting each other.

I personally blame bens' high school and college wrestling coaches.. that whole time they were training him to win, they should have been telling him to"look Exciting" Rookie Error.

I personally blame bens' high school and college wrestling coaches.. that whole time they were training him to win, they should have been telling him to"look Exciting" Rookie Error.
Except Askren was a very exciting wrestler in college and high school.

We know, its bullshit, the whole thing was a joke by everyone.

Bellator letting their champ who Bjorn called the best in the world walk without even putting up much of a fight to keep him.

UFC not signing him cause of his style and because Viacom didnt even want to keep him.

Askren then going to OneFC to fight nobodies instead of WSOF which has a few legit WW names.

He should be in the UFC against the best, it sucks that he isnt even though I dont like him and would root for him to lose he still deserves his shot.

Its crazy he is talking shit about Hendricks and worrying about him more than his next opponent.

But he has to do that to stay relevant now.

I personally blame what happened to Askren on Bjorn the guy purposely sabotaged him by saying he'll let Askren go if he's guaranteed a title shot in his UFC debut. That caused a pissing contest between Bjorn and Dana which caused all if this. Who knows maybe he gets under Hendricks skin and gets Dana to sign him.

people that say askren is boring haven't watched him fight in the past year imo.

I love your awful argument of "who has he even beaten?", like that's a legitimate case of getting into the UFC. Except if you actually looked at the UFC roster, you would see that people get into the UFC with even less credible wins than Askren. Way less, actually. So that's a shitty argument to make, and Ben's current win streak is more than enough to get into the UFC. That's not even in question, and I laugh when people bring that up. It's obvious that Dana doesn't want Ben in the UFC because his style isn't aesthetically pleasing to casual fans, but you can't argue that he doesn't deserve to be in the UFC. If anyone argues that, they're delusional.

Topic is wastelanded, oh good. Good to see Sherdog still emphasizes shitty P4P threads and GOAT topics that make no sense.

Very well said. His resume is actually stacked for a fighter outside the UFC given the fact that the vast majority of the best fighters are in the UFC (you're not supposed to rack up quality wins when there are no quality fighters in your organization). Mostly everyone currently employed by the UFC had 0 top 15 wins prior to being hired by Donna White. That includes most, if not all, of the champions.

Askren happens to have 3.

GSP, Silva, and Cain had 0 top 15 wins prior to joining the UFC.

Man, those 3 guys must really suck dong!

The real travesty is people like you who welcome boredom into sports entertainment.

Things are finally looking up post-Fitch, post-GSP and now you want another "win is a win" wet blanket in the UFC

GOOD JOB BRO.

7 out of 13 wins are finishes.

"WIN IS A WIN"

You pro-Askren are entitled to your opinion.

I have been watching MMA since 1993 and I don't like his style and don't want to see him in the UFC.

His style takes advantage of the current STUPID rules where you get rewarded for being a blanket.

He would have never been successful in Pride.

The true travesty was Bellator essentially cutting their WW champion.

Just saw the Rogan story, about how he wanted to broker a deal with Dana to get him in the UFC. I wanted to make a post, but mods always delete my posts, so figured I would bump. Ben is an absolute savage, and the fact that he never got the chance to prove that he was the best, or even try, is an absolute crying shame; 18-0, ragdolled Koreshkov, Lima and other great fighters. Khabib made grappling great again. Let's start a White House Petition to get Ben in the UFC and have Dana's bff, Lord Emperor Trump, talk to him and get him to stop acting like a petty cunt.

#AmericaFuckYah

Just saw the Rogan story, about how he wanted to broker a deal with Dana to get him in the UFC. I wanted to make a post, but mods always delete my posts, so figured I would bump. Ben is an absolute savage, and the fact that he never got the chance to prove that he was the best, or even try, is an absolute crying shame; 18-0, ragdolled Koreshkov, Lima and other great fighters. Khabib made grappling great again. Let's start a White House Petition to get Ben in the UFC and have Dana's bff, Lord Emperor Trump, talk to him and get him to stop acting like a petty cunt.

#AmericaFuckYah

Yo dog, no reason to resurrect three year old threads. We know Askren is one of the greatest who never (along with Arona)...but he never. I think he’d have beaten GSP...but that day is over.

Funny how a lot of people started liking Ben askren and maybe even never seen a askren fight until he went to Joe rogans podcast.

Funny how a lot of people started liking Ben askren and maybe even never seen a askren fight until he went to Joe rogans podcast.

Shocking that it took Rogans podcast, they simply could have read my posts for the last 5 years telling the world about his greatness.

What you trying to say?

Just that people who like MMA enough to post of Sherdog shouldn't have had to discover his greatness in and out if the cage out by listening to a Rogan podcast in 2018

Just that people who like MMA enough to post of Sherdog shouldn't have had to discover his greatness in and out if the cage out by listening to a Rogan podcast in 2018
Not sure if your trying to be sarcastic or.....

Back