Ben Askren Calls Out GSP for Superfight in Canada

Askren has finished 8 of his last 9 fights.

Now, instead of people whining about 'he doesn't finish', they say: 'no one even knows who is his'.

Askren is the WW GOAT guys.

With you

giphy.gif

Lots of hate in this thread

I would love to see it personally

Fat chance. No shits given for Askren.

At first I considered this a pipedream but the more I think about it I think there could be a tiny sliver of a chance.

Right now GSP has every reason to be afraid of Whittaker. The question is if GSP is scared of Woodley.

If he is scared of Woodley GSP can pretty much pick his next opponent. We are seeing it with Conor that contracts mean nothing when thr fighter is willing to retire.

Now I doubt GSP wants to fight Askren. I'm just saying if GSP demanded it as a way to not fight Woodley or Whittaker I think he could convince the UFC to make the fight.

The last time askren fought any serious competition this is what happened

We all know what happens when you punch Marcelo in the face... he's an extremely talented grappler but he stays in his lane for a reason.

{<hhh] .

Since when UFC fighters listen to MMA call outs from outside the UFC?

His finish percentages have skyrocketed since fighting scrubs overseas where there is no drug testing.

Askren has finished 8 of his last 9 fights.

Now, instead of people whining about 'he doesn't finish', they say: 'no one even knows who is his'.

Askren is the WW GOAT guys.

1) Ben is delusional since he does not draw (he is not even in the UFC) and GSP has other "stock market" options

2) That being said, in 2017 that is the right fight to make. GSP out of prime, and Ben may be a very fair matchup for him

Last edited:
Unlikely we see Ben against any top ranked fighters but amusing for him to tease on the long shot UFC or Bellator would give him a fight.

Ask would funk the shit out of grandpa GSP

I know askren retired.....but does he still have fights on his one contract?

It would be par for the course as far as the MW belt is concerned.....

I pray for two things right now:

1. Mighty Mouse vs TJ. Maybe best fight of all time?

2. Ben Askren fighting in the UFC. I really want to find out if Askren is the best. Whoever says he just lays and prays is completely ridiculous. He's AMAZING and so fun to watch. I bet he crushes GSP. I'd definitely buy that PPV.

“True Martial arts skills”

You mean wrestle ? Do nothing but wrestle ?

It gives me great pleasure that someone as boring as Askren is never going to ben in the UFC no matter what he does

What is the worst that can come from asking?
Why don’t u go up to your boss and ask for your pay to be doubled

Or go up to an attractive woman on the street and ask her if she’ll blow you

What can go wrong

Back