Ben Askren: "as good as Tony Ferguson is, I don't think he's good enough to stop Khabib..."

Ben is very good at explaining these techniques. I'm sure he is a great coach.

Tony's tough and I think outlasts and subs an exhausted Khabib late still 50/50 because if it goes to judges khabib probably wins 123...but Gaethje is toughest Khabib fight. Like 90% he wins. He's super strong and will not be taken down if he doesnt want to be (like tibau) and has fantastic inside fighting which will really hurt Khabib while trying TDs.

Nah on Gaethje. He barely beat Johnson and was seconds away from getting tko. He has nothing for Khabib nor Ferguson.

Ferguson is a serious threat on the ground, with his elbows and submissions. He would be a very tough fight for Khabib. I would say that Ferguson is the toughest matchup up for Khabib.

I could see Khabib winning early rounds by being the better wrestler, but I have a hard time seeing him match Ferguson's crazy cardio. He's got one of the best gas tanks in the division, no doubt about it.

Round 4 & 5 I would give Ferg a substantial advantage.

Tony is not the best LW in the division. Perhaps the most well-rounded, but he loses to Conor and Khabib.

Ben is very good at explaining these techniques. I'm sure he is a great coach.

Askren's wrestling technique is on another level. His top control makes him a 170lb human backpack to his opponents, just like Demian Maia is, but minus the submission skills.

giphy.gif

Has it occurred to you he wanted to go down to secure subs? Tony is a twice national champ wrestler with 22 years amateur wrestling since 4. He can wrestle fine. RDA couldnt take him down because he knew he couldnt sub BJJ BB RDAso no point in allowing TD

I shouldnt have to remind you how those two lost. Maybe taking Tony down isnt such a great idea afterall.

He's a national champion at community college level, big difference from the div 1 and div 2 programs my man.

I think Tony already beat Khabib at this point. Dude had multiple opportunities to fight Tony But he conveniently never can.

I dont think there is a lightweight out there that can control Tony on the mat at this point, not without big problems atleast, his bottom game is so fucking nasty and he goes for the kill every time he fights

Back