Belts aren't important

Will do.

Not that it's been done to death, but many no gi world champs and very well respected people in the BJJ world say that training in the gi tightens up your no gi game. So it's not like it doesn't supplement other facets of grappling besides gi BJJ.

Ts would be humbled old country way by anyone here cuz he sucks

Ts would be humbled old country way by anyone here cuz he sucks

I'll roll or mma with whoever. I don't claim to be good but I think it's better than sitting on a phone saying 'you're shit, no you're shit'. I have nothing to be embarrassed about. I have been tapped and also tapped many times. Being choked out or injured is not new or big deal.

If you lose to me though then you should feel very embarrassed losing to a white belt with medical problems. Let's see what happens. I prefer mma over rolling too if someone is calling me names like Submissionary.

Demetrious Johnson was a white belt last year and Jon Jones just upgraded to blue last week. Seems like bjj belts have zero to do with actual fighting ability. Belts are a joke.

unless you want to compete.. .thats the catch 22

Checkmat Headquarters in Long Beach
You ok with mma? Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays my schedule is usually more flexible. I'd prefer in about a month so my joints can heal up so after the McGregor fight I'll be good to go.

You ok with mma? Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays my schedule is usually more flexible. I'd prefer in about a month so my joints can heal up so after the McGregor fight I'll be good to go.

Any of those days are fine, just show up and say you're here for a fist fight with Ryan.

Lol.

You are planning to walk in a Bjj gym and ask for a fist fight!
I was just going to ask for Ryan. It does seem strange to do mma in a bjj gym, right? If it's ok, we can do it there.

I have access to a ufc gym with an octagon. Maybe it would be more appropriate.

I don't have a problem driving to his gym though if we can do mma with grappling and striking

I was just going to ask for Ryan. It does seem strange to do mma in a bjj gym, right? If it's ok, we can do it there.

I have access to a ufc gym with an octagon. Maybe it would be more appropriate.

I don't have a problem driving to his gym though if we can do mma with grappling and striking

Do you realise that we are not talking about kind of Bjj gym? That is checkmat HQ!!

Well anyway, do you train at an UFC gym with cage?

GI white belt vs. GI black belt in Jiz tournamentv= Black belt will win every time, no question about that.

I know black belts who would get destroyed by Jones.
As brown belt I think I might have a chance against MM in the gi because I'm a lot bigger and stronger and he maybe he doesn't know gi stuff and things like deep half etc.
I wouldn't be that surprised if he caught me in a guillotine or something as he is a scrambly bastard.
Jones is a tall guy and with his wrestling and steroids that make hims a fight for anyone (plus he trains no gi grappling so it's not like he is going to be surprised by triangle choke)

Last edited:
Do you realise that we are not talking about kind of Bjj gym? That is checkmat HQ!!

Well anyway, do you train at an UFC gym with cage?
I'm glad you're impressed by his gym. It seems like I'm the underdog. If I do win though, how much would it prove my point that belts don't matter if a colored belt from a prestigious school were to be beat by a shitty white belt with arthritis?

Also, isn't jiu jitsu supposed to be the gentle art? I thought martial artists were supposed to be respectful and only use their moves in self defense. You jiu jitsu guys came in calling me names because I mentioned that 2 of mma's p4p greats were both recently the lowest rank in your art.

You don't like me pointing that out so you disparage me personally. I'm not much and have never claimed to be but I don't need to back down. I have this medical problem but I don't let it stop me. You want to choke me out and call me names for saying it like it is then I'm down

Robocok you say your only a white belt but admit to training mma. Anyone with common sense would think if a white belt is willing to throw down at the drop of a hat to fight he must have other skills. I am guessing you do very well in your mma training against your training partners to have this confidence. Is it because your wrestling and striking is very good? Why does it bother you that bjj guys are question your level. Is your point that belts don't matter because if I out rank you on bjj but you beat me in a fight because of superior wrestling and striking than your wasting your time. We in the bjj community already know that.

Back