Belt Promotion POWER BOMB

Good thing I'm a black belt already.

i opted not to get graded for 7 years because of that gay belt whipping stuff that started happening . b4 that it was a handshake or a high 5. no way im letting a bunch of dudes whip me to acknowlage that i earned something. such a shitty pointless tradition... which only became a tradition because enough sheep wanted to get graded and allowed themselves to be degraded.

i opted not to get graded for 7 years because of that gay belt whipping stuff that started happening . b4 that it was a handshake or a high 5. no way im letting a bunch of dudes whip me to acknowlage that i earned something. such a shitty pointless tradition... which only became a tradition because enough sheep wanted to get graded and allowed themselves to be degraded.

Can you tell your instructor that you do not want to get whipped? I am sure he would respect your decision.

I don't whip kids, women's and old people.

I always the portion to the men to opt out

If you wanna have a thug gym with thugs and only the toughest dudes around, it's the way to go

Your gonna have dumbasses holding submissions, people intimidating the lower belts instead of helping them, people using cheap shots, people getting hurt because they didn't tap soon enough...

Just make fun of hurting people and show that being a badass is the utmost acomplishment your gonna have in BJJ

That doesn't mean that if you don't do that your not training hard.

I train hard, but I know that my coach and the higher belts want us to train and to not get hurt. They want a friendly environnement so we want to train a lot.

You can't have that good mood when your leader is super exited to whip you or to powerbomb you

Meh. I don't mind. Maybe because my bjj game started that way. :/

who was your instructor when you started? F**k that, I don't care what kind of promotion I'm getting, no way I'm getting drop kicked and mobbed like that. Did you get subjected to treatment like that?

who was your instructor when you started? F**k that, I don't care what kind of promotion I'm getting, no way I'm getting drop kicked and mobbed like that. Did you get subjected to treatment like that?

Lol. It was a different time. Have a talk with a Brazilian black belt 35 or older and they'll talk about it if you give them an opening.

Lol. It was a different time. Have a talk with a Brazilian black belt 35 or older and they'll talk about it if you give them an opening.

ummmm.....no. I'm familiar with those times where people trained BJJ for the goal of fighting vale tudo/mma, gym challenges were common and sport BJJ tournaments were few and far between.

This kind of shit in the video I posted was a step above what you saw at 99% of gyms.

Did you get held in place by 3 of your teammates while the instructor did a flying drop kick to you? You're making it sound like you did and you were okay with it

ummmm.....no. I'm familiar with those times where people trained BJJ for the goal of fighting vale tudo/mma, gym challenges were common and sport BJJ tournaments were few and far between.

This kind of shit in the video I posted was a step above what you saw at 99% of gyms.

Did you get held in place by 3 of your teammates while the instructor did a flying drop kick to you? You're making it sound like you did and you were okay with it

I'll admit I never took a drop kick during a belt ceremony.

I'm just saying hazing was not uncommon in any testerone filled sport. I was training with pharmacists, med students, military and a bunch of blue collar dudes. Most everyone had serious jobs and was normal in real life so when I saw hazing I wasn't like "oh these dudes are crazy. " I was more like "wow, you can be normal everyday and still act like an animal every few months. ". Of course not everyone joined in but just about everyone stood by and laughed. I personally don't miss those days but they happened and I'm kind of annoyed that more people don't talk about it.

I mean, everytime I bring up stuff like this (nonbjj related) and remind people of hazing they're always "nah, it wasn't that bad. " than I spell out exactly how it went down and they're like "oh heh heh. That does sound kinda bad huh. "

My point is you yourself might have seen the equivalent of a promotion drop kick and just kind of brushed it off because it was between friends.

I'll admit I never took a drop kick during a belt ceremony.

I'm just saying hazing was not uncommon in any testerone filled sport. I was training with pharmacists, med students, military and a bunch of blue collar dudes. Most everyone had serious jobs and was normal in real life so when I saw hazing I wasn't like "oh these dudes are crazy. " I was more like "wow, you can be normal everyday and still act like an animal every few months. ". Of course not everyone joined in but just about everyone stood by and laughed. I personally don't miss those days but they happened and I'm kind of annoyed that more people don't talk about it.

I mean, everytime I bring up stuff like this (nonbjj related) and remind people of hazing they're always "nah, it wasn't that bad. " than I spell out exactly how it went down and they're like "oh heh heh. That does sound kinda bad huh. "

My point is you yourself might have seen the equivalent of a promotion drop kick and just kind of brushed it off because it was between friends.

This is why war raping is acceptable

If everybody does it... it's all good sports

This is why war raping is acceptable

If everybody does it... it's all good sports

Ay, the dropkicks and hazing was consentual. Now you bring up rape?

I don't know how they do things in Canada but this is America and we have rules!!!!

Ay, the dropkicks and hazing was consentual. Now you bring up rape?

I don't know how they do things in Canada but this is America and we have rules!!!!

Just a little history joke

After the huge adrenaline rush of battle, the russians have raped a lot german women (this is just an exemple, there's that kind of behavior in pretty much every wars through time). The fact that everybody is doing it led to a mass deviant behavior.

Everytime you bring people together there's a chance that you can make people do stuff that they wouldn't do if they were alone. There's tons of scientific studies about how some people would go as far as killing if they feel that they follow orders or that it's widely accepted. You can have a look at the Milgram experiment.

This is why I compare hazing with war raping. It's just the way we can be morons when we're in a group.

When I open my own dojo one day, I'm gonna put the belt into a whicker basket with a poisonous snake. The student has to retrieve the belt outta the basket to get the promotion.

I'm going to open a school and shoot people for their promotions. If you survive, you get your blue belt.

Back