Bellew vs. Usky Build-Up Thread

Does anyone expect a result other than Bellew getting his ass badly beat?
TS said he's placing a bet on Bellew for the upset, 20 pounds I believe. That's a little over $26 at the moment. I've yet to see his slip but I don't think he's trolling anymore.

TS said he's placing a bet on Bellew for the upset, 20 pounds I believe. That's a little over $26 at the moment. I've yet to see his slip but I don't think he's trolling anymore.
If Bellew pulls the upset, I think it's enough to coax Ward out for one more match for the both of them.

Usyk is still nearly even money inside the distance. A bit of value there, I think. Can't see how this is going to be competitive after the first 3-4 rounds.

there was a SkyONE documentary last night as part of the build up, showing Bellew career to date highlights etc.....all it did was make me more convinced he is going to get battered until someone stops it for the good of humanity.

Usyk will embarrass Bellew and beat anyone near his weight.

Usyk will embarrass Bellew and beat anyone near his weight.

Agreed. Not much more to say at the moment. I'd like to see if Breidis could make any adjustments since their first fight was really competitive but I think Usyk is the one more able to adjust and would beat him more soundly the next time around. Still a probably rematch and yes, I'm writing Bellew off completely. He was blown out of the water by Adonis Stevenson. Usyk will force the corner to throw in the towel around the 9th or 10th.

Does anyone expect a result other than Bellew getting his ass badly beat?

I’d like to say yes - rough house tactics, straight up dirtyness and a left hook out of nowhere a la Andy Lee.

But I don’t see it. Something I haven’t heard much about is the weight - Bellew hasn’t fought at CW for 2 years and has ballooned in the meantime. I remember him moaning about making CW and it can’t be any easier now.

A drained Bellew will be a sitting duck for Usyk.

Usyk is a funny guy. Glad to see that he's taking Bellew really serious. As the only way Bellew has a chance in this fight is if Usyk just totally underestimates him.
he really is. i wish he spoke english, half of what he says falls flat through the translator.

he seems like the kind of guy that's awesome to hang out with.

he really is. i wish he spoke english, half of what he says falls flat through the translator.

he seems like the kind of guy that's awesome to hang out with.
Yeah he is sort of crazy looking and looks like he enjoys life. Yeah shame about his English it's not bad though but not quite 'Perfecto' as he says.

Tony being humble af knows he can't oubox the guy, only has the proverbial punchers chance.

Ward hadn't heard of Usyk up until his WBSS final? As an amateur Usyk was the 2011 Heavyweight world champion and the following year the Heavyweight Olympic champion. He also fought twice in the US back to back against Mchunu and Michael Hunter (who was an Olympian for Team USA). It's interesting that Ward is pulling for Bellew.

Ward hadn't heard of Usyk up until his WBSS final? As an amateur Usyk was the 2011 Heavyweight world champion and the following year the Heavyweight Olympic champion. He also fought twice in the US back to back against Mchunu and Michael Hunter (who was an Olympian for Team USA). It's interesting that Ward is pulling for Bellew.
Yeah I was quite surprised when he said that. Ward seems to be pulling for Bellew because he's familiar with him. Bellew gets a lot of support from fellow boxers it seems. Also thought it was interesting that Ward was saying that the weight cut might be really hard on Bellew. I hope it's not for the fight's sake because Bellew will get destroyed if he's suffering from the weight cut on top of his already massive disadvantage.

Back