Bellew-Haye rematch targeted for December

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Well, Tony Bellew may not be lining up to face Andre Ward after all. A report from WBN and some other outlets suggest that Bellew is currently hashing out a deal to fight David Haye in a rematch that could be announced as soon as this week.

Bellew of course fought Haye in March and scored a big upset win after Haye basically obliterated his achilles in the fight and continued on as a severely compromised fighter. That's not Bellew's problem though, and Bellew is now looking to capitalize on that win to earn him some more concessions (and of course money) for this targeted sequel.

Bellew lucked out in their first fight and ever since then Hearn and Sky et al spread this narrative where he heroically overcame huge odds and could challenge anyone in the world now, as if Haye didn't lose basically solely because of injury. Hope Bellew gets stopped this time.

I hate this rematch. I won a lot of money betting Bellew in the first fight, partly due to all the rumors and discussions about Haye's injured leg, and it paid off. But let's have a fresh matchup for both boxers rather than trying to right the "wrong" and get the outcome in the second bout that most people expected in the first.

Hope Haye knocks his block off

I was convinced Haye was going to mop the floor with Bellew. I'd like the opportunity to watch that happen, so I'm all for the rematch. Hopefully Haye doesn't have some sort of freak injury again. Breaking toes and rupturing tendons, he doesn't have much luck with injuries.

Bellew lucked out in their first fight and ever since then Hearn and Sky et al spread this narrative where he heroically overcame huge odds and could challenge anyone in the world now, as if Haye didn't lose basically solely because of injury. Hope Bellew gets stopped this time.
It was astounding how much bellew was getting tagged in that fight even with haye fighting on one leg.

Shows how much he sucks

I hate this rematch. I won a lot of money betting Bellew in the first fight, partly due to all the rumors and discussions about Haye's injured leg, and it paid off. But let's have a fresh matchup for both boxers rather than trying to right the "wrong" and get the outcome in the second bout that most people expected in the first.
I think haye deserves a rematch considering what happened. I literally watched him tag bellew repeatedly in the face while on one leg

Sorry but that was such a bad performance from bellew. Haye deserves a chance to get the win back imo

It was astounding how much bellew was getting tagged in that fight even with haye fighting on one leg.

Shows how much he sucks

I thought Haye even won one of those rounds where he was just hobbling, it's ridiculous that a guy with a dramatic limp could still have success again Bellew, and he really only got stopped because he kept falling over, it wasn't even that Bellew was landing anything meaningful. Bellew sucks

I found it quiet remarkable that Bellow didn't ever look close to being able to knock down Haye event though Haye was struggling to stand up!!

I think haye deserves a rematch considering what happened. I literally watched him tag bellew repeatedly in the face while on one leg

Sorry but that was such a bad performance from bellew. Haye deserves a chance to get the win back imo
Haye is going to fuck him up badly.

Shows how much he sucks
Hmm. I dunno, I think Bellew was doing better than expected before the injury.

I found it quiet remarkable that Bellow didn't ever look close to being able to knock down Haye event though Haye was struggling to stand up!!
I didn't, weight classes are real.

Both fighters eyeing the dollars, and Hearn will want to capitalise on the casual interest that has recently been generated by the Mayweather/McGreg circus.

i care nothing for this fight at all, and they are both from my country

Haye is washed up, and Bellew isnt a heavyweight

I actually like bellew as a fighter but he has been even more unbearable since his 'win'. We all know he got extremely lucky. Barring another freak injury I'd fully expect haye to knock him out if a rematch happens. And that's the only reason I'll watch this fight

The fact that he struggled to put away a fighter with 1 leg is even more telling imo.

Haye takes this if he hasn't dropped too much. That being said he wasn't totally dominating Bellew before the injury. Neither looked good at all.

haye is always fun this rivalry needs to be settled ward should fight winner of cw tournament instead of belew unless belew wins david haye if healthy will absolutely destroy belew

Back