Bellator WW champ Douglas Lima targeting Larkin for June return

AGEZ909

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Video: Douglas Lima targeting to return in June, interested in defending title against Lorenz Larkin
March 23, 2017
MMA-Report-Banner.jpg

Bellator MMA

Douglas Lima became a two-time Bellator welterweight champion last year when he evened up the score against Andrey Koreshkov when he scored a knockout victory in the third round at Bellator 164.

Following the victory over Koreshkov at Bellator 164, Lima (28-6) had to rehab some injuries and returned to training earlier this month. With Lima returning to the gym, when will the Bellator welterweight champion return to defend his title and who is he interested in fighting?

On Wednesday evening, I had the opportunity to speak with Lima about that question and he mentions that he is interested in facing Lorenz Larkin at Bellator 180 in New York City. Other topics in our conversation included Rory MacDonald vs. Paul Daley, if he is rooting for MacDonald to win that fight, the unique striking style of Michael Page and next week’s Bellator 175.

Video in link:

http://themmareport.com/2017/03/vid...ted-in-defending-title-against-lorenz-larkin/

Man, it would be a great fight. Lima could easily be a top 10 guy in the UFC, he's still only 29, well rounded, explosive athlete with knockout power and huge for the division. I favor Larkin though, honestly I think Larkin was the best thing to happen to the UFC WW division in a while and I felt he could have become UFC champion, he matched up very well with Thompson, Woodley and Maia.

I am really looking forward to seeing how Michael Page, Rory MacDonald, Chidi Njokuani, Andrey Koreshkov, Lorenz Larkin and Lima all mix it up against one another. Daley isn't bad too but a cut below the rest, hopefully Bellator can keep signing great prospects like Joey Davis to fill out their Welterweight division. ( and all of their divisions ).

They better make this fight. I would be pissed if they matched Larkin with Fernando Gonzalez and kept their WW champion sidelined for NO REASON.

They better make this fight. I would be pissed if they matched Larkin with Fernando Gonzalez and kept their WW champion sidelined for NO REASON.
I seriously think the reason is financial. Paying champs bigger purse's doesn't seem to be an interest for Viacom. But older names and Kimbo makes sense because of the numbers...I don't know exactly but it pisses me off Viacom owns Paramount films for fuck sakes the money they have is unreal yet they are cheap. stingy cocks.

Back