Bellator will have, unquestionably, a better WW division than the UFC within 2 years | Page 4

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Toner, Jul 16, 2017 at 5:51 PM.

1. DrHouse Silver Belt

DrHouse
    Why is it that people treat fighters that leave the UFC like gods? Rory, top 3 WW in the world, absolutely. Other than that though, you have some great prospects that COULD become world beaters. People in this thread acting like Larkin would be UFC champion right now. He was just in the UFC, he wasn't really all that close to becoming champion. Just because he leaves, doesn't mean he now automatically becomes UFC championship calibre. MVP is completely unproven and looked like shit against his first half decent opponent, Paul Daley has been passed his prime for about 5 years now.

I kinda agree with TS, because of guys like Lima and Koreshkov, but let's chill guys. There's some idiot a few posts up acting like Larkin would now beat Woodley all of a sudden.

2. Oj21 White Belt

Oj21
    It will take awhile..ww it's very deep. Condit, lawler, Woodley, Maia, ceronne, nick technically, GSP if he actually comes back, now dos anjos

3. Congo66 Brown Belt

Congo66
    Why would anyone think Rory will be there and not back in the UFC in 2 years time?

MVP has signed to David Hayes promotion company too to go boxing, not Conor exhibition fight boxing, real boxing.

4. rakeleaves Brown Belt

rakeleaves
    Seems like you haven't smelled the coffee. The way things have been going lately it is definitely possible.

5. 1SikSix Tiramisu Belt

1SikSix
    How can Lima be the best WW in the world when undefeated Askren destroyed him?

UhHuhSure likes this.
  6. pankrat Yellow Belt

pankrat
    Bellator fanboys are even more pathetic than UFCs...the "unquestionably" that OP included in the thread is pretty ridiculous as well.

Rory is the #1 ww out of UFC, and he left in a two losing streak. Other than that,
    PFL and ACB put toguether have nearly as much argument as Bellator.
    Fitch and Shields still beat most welter in Bellator. Even Yushin Okami. Tumenov already beat Larkin. Story is a free agent. Askren will be soon. There are some interesting Russian prospects too

If you take the best 170lbers out of UFC put toguether it may rival with UFC's ww division. It could be debatable. But Bellator alone?? lol you have to be a hard fanboy to believe that shit.

7. pankrat Yellow Belt

pankrat
    Where do you rank Fitch? Or you only appreciate accomplishments out of UFC when happen in Bellator?

8. HuskySamoan Yellow Card

HuskySamoan
    No, of course not. Fitch and Shields should have never been released, they can still beat a lot of the UFC roster even in their advanced ages. I also respect a lot of Russian and Eastern European talent, hell there's some good fighters starting to come up in Kazakhstan too. I respect talent period.

pankrat likes this.
  9. pankrat Yellow Belt

pankrat
    Then, I think you should be more cautious when calling a guy as Lima top 5 or Lorenz Larkin, who has lost 5 fights in last 3 years, top 10 "easily".
    First of all, to be ranked top 10 in UFC doesnt mean you are actually one of the best 10 guys in the world in your division. Maybe not even in ufc, but definitely not in the world. So I dont buy Magny being a top10 win.

Rory is a top 5 guy in my book, he has prove it against many top guys with very different styles. But, who is the elite wrestler that Lima has ever beat? Is his TDD, who Andrey was able to expose, proven enough in your opinion? This is mma, you cant be acredited as a top 5 guy if you, or your matchmaker, elude feeding you with elite grapplers.

Hard to argue that Lima, Larkin and Koreshkov are certainly top 20 welterweights, and some of the best standup guys in the division, but top 10 guys? They may be but it's arguable, let alone top 5. Not only the handful of UFC guys who can discuss them the spot, but Shields, Fitch, Askren... Story, Tumenov and Okami, or some top guys from Europe as your sayd can have an argument, and maybe I would put my money on some of them against most top guys in Bellator...and most guys in UFC as well, including Magny and Ponzi

Last edited: Jul 19, 2017 at 3:29 PM