Bellator will have, unquestionably, a better WW division than the UFC within 2 years

I think Logan Storely might be the best WW prospect anywhere right now. If Colby Covington is a top 10 fighter there no reason guys like Storely or Joey Davis can't wrestlefuck there way to glory.

larkin is old, so is macdonald (been fighitng since 17) and daley. Chidi is one dimensional and untested, same for MVP

usman and covington could legitimately beat all the WW in both leagues as they keep improving
Larkin (30) and Rory (27) are old? What does that make Lawler (37), Maia (40), and Tyrone (35)?

LOL

Last edited:
larkin is older as a fighter then woodley.

maia and lawler will soon be gone, no denying that. but lawler might fight longer then say macdonald who is far younger, macdonald has alot of injury issues

You only listed 4 tho

Yes but implying Bellators top 4 welterweights are only top 15-ish is stupid to me. Rory was top 5 before leaving the UFC, former title contender, has wins over the current champion and the number 1 ranked WW.

Lorenz left the UFC with wins over Ponzinibbio who is top 10 now? Masvidal who's top 5 now? And Magny who's top 10? Lorenz was what, 5-1 UFC at WW? Lorenz is top 10 easily.

Lima is a long standing champion who was top 10 before he beat Larkin, now the only question is Lima top 5?

Koreshkov is a 26 year old fucking stud. He's ranked in the top 15, he has signature wins, former Champion...

Calling these 4 top 15ish is laughable, the top 3 are easily top 10, arguably top 5...they are also young at 27, 29 and 30 compared to the UFCs top 3 who are 35, 39 and 34.

Would be funny if the battle of who has the better 170lb weight class leads to Askren obtaining a pot of gold.

4 top 15"ish"? Now you sound stupid. Lima, Rory and Larkin are easily top 10, arguably top 5. Koreshkov is top 15 sure, but he's 26 with a lot of upside. Chidi made 170 for his last 2 bouts and is very promising with an elite set of skills. I'll agree MVP is a bit of a joke but still a really exciting prospect. Daley is a journeyman but still better than a lot of UFC Welterweights (who are we kidding UFC is filled with shit fighters these days). Then you have prospects like Joey Davis and Logan Storley who are guys you should be looking out for as breakout fighters if they put together a few more wins.

Bellators WW division needs growth, at the top end it's arguably comparable to the UFCs in terms of skill level. In it's totality it's at least a couple years of development and big signings away from being close to the UFC though. We'll see, I keep saying if they can sign those Russians like Burkhamonov, Kunchenko, Abubakar etc the Bellator WW division will be elite really quick.

I meant 4 within the top 15'ish with Koreshkov being the "15'ish guy".I wasn't saying all four should be ranked around 15, I was saying they had 4 within the top 15.I can see how it could be interpreted the way you interpreted it but now you read it again and you can see how I meant it.You should probably have thought about that stupid.

I meant 4 within the top 15'ish with Koreshkov around 15.I wasn't saying all four should be ranked around 15, I was saying they had 4 within the top 15.I can see how it could be interpreted the way you interpreted it but now you read it again and you can see how I meant it.You should probably have thought about that stupid.

Don't you dare call me stupid!

If I was an up and coming talent I would sign with Coker over WME-IMG in a heartbeat. Coker still sees MMA as a spectacle. WME seem more concerned with sanitizing and packaging the sport than they do with taking care of their fighters or giving them good promo.

If I was an up and coming talent I would sign with Coker over WME-IMG in a heartbeat. Coker still sees MMA as a spectacle. WME seem more concerned with sanitizing and packaging the sport than they do with taking care of their fighters or giving them good promo.

Ironically I think WME is turning the UFC into a more entertainment based promotion than the Fertittas ever did. I feel like while Bellator puts on a lot of freakshows on the top of their cards, they also are heavily investing in young prospects which is interesting.

I was with you until you said Lima might be to best WW in the world. He'd get his ass kicked by Woodley and Wonderboy

Wonderboy, Tyron ( a better version of Yoel), GSP, Cerrone, Lawler
& Bisping fighting one of them

as opposed to:

Dougwhat Littlewhat, Corey Feldman, Most Valuable Pimped out WW & Left Eye Lopes.

Lima, Rory (again), Larkin, and possibly Koreshkov beat up Tyrone.

They concentrate on fighters... UFC concentrates on a fighter.

Bellator does a better job of getting younger talent the UFC. It's been like that for the past few years imo.

Rory will never be the same against elite competition.

He's had years taken off his life

Bellator has Rory, Lima and Larkin. MVP is still untested against elite guys. And is now doing boxing. He is already an older dude. Daley is on the decline.

Got some decent mid-tier guys in Andrey, Ward and Chidi. But they have no real prospects up and coming.

Isn't really close. UFC has a ton of guys still up and coming. The list of prospects is long. Not to mention just sheer numbers wise the odds of UFC's young 170ers panning out is way higher.

So your bold statement is wrong. But Bellator has done a good job with their 170 division.

Yes but implying Bellators top 4 welterweights are only top 15-ish is stupid to me. Rory was top 5 before leaving the UFC, former title contender, has wins over the current champion and the number 1 ranked WW.

Lorenz left the UFC with wins over Ponzinibbio who is top 10 now? Masvidal who's top 5 now? And Magny who's top 10? Lorenz was what, 5-1 UFC at WW? Lorenz is top 10 easily.

Lima is a long standing champion who was top 10 before he beat Larkin, now the only question is Lima top 5?

Koreshkov is a 26 year old fucking stud. He's ranked in the top 15, he has signature wins, former Champion...

Calling these 4 top 15ish is laughable, the top 3 are easily top 10, arguably top 5...they are also young at 27, 29 and 30 compared to the UFCs top 3 who are 35, 39 and 34.

So they are top 15

It's hard to believe that there is a WW division out there that can rival UFC's. It seems like they have had the premiere WWs forever, and it hasn't really been close.

No.

UFC acquires their top athletes and in turn, Bellator collects UFC scrubs.

100% agreed
The WW division in the UFC is aging, while the guys in Bellator are entering/in their primes.

Its feels like its gonna be like the WEC 155 vs UFC division 155 division.

Back