Bellator will have, unquestionably, a better WW division than the UFC within 2 years

Thanks for swagger jacking my Tyrone thread you dick lol jk man I totally agree with you here. They should focus on lhw and WW those are their two best divisions. Really want to see bellator get Tumenov and Rick Story too. Also like another poster said that MVP vs Daley fight needs to happen.

but Woodley beat Lawler and Wonderboy and they both beat beat Rory <Y2JSmirk>

Thanks for swagger jacking my Tyrone thread you dick lol jk man I totally agree with you here. They should focus on lhw and WW those are their two best divisions. Really want to see bellator get Tumenov and Rick Story too. Also like another poster said that MVP vs Daley fight needs to happen.
I made this thread 2 hours before you made yours lol

Seems questionable to me, but I am paying more attention to Bellator's roster these days. Have always seen some good scraps when I've been able to tune in. Alvarez/Chandler fights were classic.

That's implying UFC won't sign their fighters which can very well happen

Why are people adding MVP, Chidi, Daley, & Henderson?Daley is a one trick pony,Chidi has missed weight what 8 times?Henderson's game just isn't effective anymore especially at 170 and the MVP hype is a joke.People always want something better even if they have to make themselves delusional.

They have some great fighters at 170 (4 top 15'ish) but this is a stupid question.In 2 years something crazy would have to happen for Bellator to have a better OVERALL 170 division than the UFC.On Sherdog though everyone outside the top 5 sucks and are bums so in the ignorant fans eyes I can see how they'd think that despite being wrong.In two years UFC's 170 will still have WAY more depth.

4 top 15"ish"? Now you sound stupid. Lima, Rory and Larkin are easily top 10, arguably top 5. Koreshkov is top 15 sure, but he's 26 with a lot of upside. Chidi made 170 for his last 2 bouts and is very promising with an elite set of skills. I'll agree MVP is a bit of a joke but still a really exciting prospect. Daley is a journeyman but still better than a lot of UFC Welterweights (who are we kidding UFC is filled with shit fighters these days). Then you have prospects like Joey Davis and Logan Storley who are guys you should be looking out for as breakout fighters if they put together a few more wins.

Bellators WW division needs growth, at the top end it's arguably comparable to the UFCs in terms of skill level. In it's totality it's at least a couple years of development and big signings away from being close to the UFC though. We'll see, I keep saying if they can sign those Russians like Burkhamonov, Kunchenko, Abubakar etc the Bellator WW division will be elite really quick.

Last edited:
Rory MacDonald has wins over the current UFC WW champion (Woodley) and the current number 1 contender (Maia). I would favor Rory against them both in a rematch.

Lorenz Larkin has wins over top 10 fighters Lawler, Masvidal, Magny, and now Ponz.

Douglas Lima is arguably the best WW in the world, especially if he beats Rory. I favor Lima over Woodley.

Bellator also has the likes of Koreshkov, MVP, Daley, and Chidi.

Bellator has a much younger WW division as well. Condit is retired and aging fighters like Lawler and Maia will be on their way out soon. In 2 years, it will be clear that Bellator has the best WW division in the world.

Thoughts?
So once the likes of Maia and Lawler are gone there will just be blank spaces in the top 10? Other fighters won't have moved up by then?

So once the likes of Maia and Lawler are gone there will just be blank spaces in the top 10? Other fighters won't have moved up by then?
Which killer young prospects are the future of the UFC WW division? Mike Perry?

Larkin and Rory weren't the best fighters in the UFC though

They were both top 5 and arguably the best, yeah. Larkin beat Masvidal and Magny before leaving the UFC and outclassed Lawler in Strikeforce.

Rory dominated Maia and Woodley but came up short vs Wonderboy and Lawler.

The big difference? Rory is only 27 and Larkin just turned 30. Masvidal is 34, Woodley 35, Wonderboy 34, Maia 39. Larkin and Rory were arguably two the best WWs in the UFC, matchups play a part...when the best fight the best, the best will lose. Look at the 4 Kings era in boxing with Hearns, Hagler, Duran and Leonard.

Which killer young prospects are the future of the UFC WW division? Mike Perry?
I can't predict the future. Same question goes for Bellator though. People get too carried away just because they 'actually' have some good fighters

I can't predict the future. Same question goes for Bellator though. People get too carried away just because they 'actually' have some good fighters
Bellator has a much younger WW division as well. Condit is retired and aging fighters like Lawler and Maia will be on their way out soon. In 2 years, it will be clear that Bellator has the best WW division in the world.

4 top 15"ish"? Now you sound stupid. Lima, Rory and Larkin are easily top 10, arguably top 5. Koreshkov is top 15 sure, but he's 26 with a lot of upside. Chidi made 170 for his last 2 bouts and is very promising with an elite set of skills. I'll agree MVP is a bit of a joke but still a really exciting prospect. Daley is a journeyman but still better than a lot of UFC Welterweights (who are we kidding UFC is filled with shit fighters these days). Then you have prospects like Joey Davis and Logan Storley who are guys you should be looking out for as breakout fighters if they put together a few more wins.

Bellators WW division needs growth, at the top end it's arguably comparable to the UFCs in terms of skill level. In it's totality it's at least a couple years of development and big signings away from being close to the UFC though. We'll see, I keep saying if they can sign those Russians like Burkhamonov, Kunchenko, Abubakar etc the Bellator WW division will be elite really quick.

You said the guy sounds stupid then Go on to pretty much repeat what he said.

The trio of Rory/Larkin/Lima is a great start for the division. And pretty much no-one in MMA has the combination of youth and high level experience that MacDonald possesses. Although it's impossible to predict the state of WW in UFC/Bellator 2 years from now, I like how Bellator has positioned themself. It shall be seen how successful each promotion is when it comes to progressing their fighters!

The real question for me is if Rory claims Bellator gold would he rather try to take the championship in another weight class or would he prefer to make an attempt at the UFC strap he never got?

Rory MacDonald has wins over the current UFC WW champion (Woodley) and the current number 1 contender (Maia). I would favor Rory against them both in a rematch.

Lorenz Larkin has wins over top 10 fighters Lawler, Masvidal, Magny, and now Ponz.

Douglas Lima is arguably the best WW in the world, especially if he beats Rory. I favor Lima over Woodley.

Bellator also has the likes of Koreshkov, MVP, Daley, and Chidi.

Thoughts?
larkin is old, so is macdonald (been fighitng since 17) and daley. Chidi is one dimensional and untested, same for MVP

usman and covington could legitimately beat all the WW in both leagues as they keep improving

Back