Bellator Welterweight GP bracket announced. Your picks?

No idea really. I feel like it's going to be a lot of fun watching though. Some exiting fights there.

This is a great GP. I am going with Koreshkov and MVP in the end. Cannot wait for Daley/MVP. Been hoping to see that match for a long time.

Am I the only one who thinks its absolute BS that this isn't a tournament belt, and a guy who's fighting a 5 round battle with the champ of a higher weight class is THEN EXPECTED to defend his belt multiple times in a tournament immediately after?
This is what Rory wanted. What's the point of a tournament belt when you have the real belt on the line?

Why are Ruth and Gracie fighting each other? Shouldn't they both be bottom ranked in this list? I've never heard of either of them
Larkin is like 1-2 in Bellator and I'd be lying if I said I knew who Amosov was before this tournament.

In a nutshell, Ed Ruth is one of those college wrestlers that Coker has built up. Is undefeated. He has faced some decent competition in his last 3. Nobody with a losing record, or anything like that. He's had some KO's here and there.

Neiman Gracie is kinda like Ruth, except not a college wrestling standout. Instead of TUF vets and journeymen, Gracie has faced mostly Chef Boyardee quality cans. Think MVP without the charisma, stand-up skills, or any of that. Has he beat anyone good? Meh, not really. One can say he hasn't really been tested yet.

This is a great GP. I am going with Koreshkov and MVP in the end. Cannot wait for Daley/MVP. Been hoping to see that match for a long time.

Why do you go with Koreshkov - he already lost to Lima and I don't think he got anything for Ruth, which he will face in the end. MVP will be Koreshkov's opponent in the finals arealdy mate.

May as well put my picks in.

Round 1
Lima
MVP
Ruth
Rory
Larkin

Anyone know how the alternate bout is going to work? Just a substitute where the winner can come in in case anyone can’t fight in round 2?

Am I the only one who thinks its absolute BS that this isn't a tournament belt, and a guy who's fighting a 5 round battle with the champ of a higher weight class is THEN EXPECTED to defend his belt multiple times in a tournament immediately after?

Tough dude. Maybe he wants to go on a career defining run? Imagine if a year from now he's a two division champion with 3 WW title défenses?

Besides, if Phil Davis won a prize belt for a 4 man tournament, I'm sure the winner of this will get something special a la the PRIDE LW and MW GPs.

Tough dude. Maybe he wants to go on a career defining run? Imagine if a year from now he's a two division champion with 3 WW title défenses?

Besides, if Phil Davis won a prize belt for a 4 man tournament, I'm sure the winner of this will get something special a la the PRIDE LW and MW GPs.

True, Rory is particularly ambitious. I feel like if he manages to pull this off people would finally stop seeing him as "GSP lite" and a legend in his own regard.

Imagine if this is the rest of the fights in his contract too. Imagine if he somehow wins all of his fights and then goes to the UFC for a superfight with their champ. Would be absolutely legendary.

I'd also be totally hyped if MVP turns out to be legit and wins the tournament though

Been watching some of the recent Gracie fights. I think he has a better chance than people give credit for. Ruth’s standup has some major holes. He gets very sloppy. Gracie, while not having great standup, is comfortable on the feet and pretty effective at times as well. I think it’ll be a very close fight.

Why do you go with Koreshkov - he already lost to Lima and I don't think he got anything for Ruth, which he will face in the end. MVP will be Koreshkov's opponent in the finals arealdy mate.

If it's possible to have Lima/MVP in the finals, that would be a good pick as well. I haven't seen the bracket layout.

Larkin is like 1-2 in Bellator and I'd be lying if I said I knew who Amosov was before this tournament.

In a nutshell, Ed Ruth is one of those college wrestlers that Coker has built up. Is undefeated. He has faced some decent competition in his last 3. Nobody with a losing record, or anything like that. He's had some KO's here and there.

Neiman Gracie is kinda like Ruth, except not a college wrestling standout. Instead of TUF vets and journeymen, Gracie has faced mostly Chef Boyardee quality cans. Think MVP without the charisma, stand-up skills, or any of that. Has he beat anyone good? Meh, not really. One can say he hasn't really been tested yet.

gracie faced cans? his last two wins are based on a guy who was 10-3 on a 4 fight win streak and a guy who was 15-7 and won 6 out of his last 8

I've never seen Amasov, whats his speciality?

Rory in Bellator, I'm going to pick him until he actually losses at welterweight. So I'm going with Rory to win all 3 bouts.

If it's possible to have Lima/MVP in the finals, that would be a good pick as well. I haven't seen the bracket layout.

My mistake in the first post. They'd meet in semis not in the finals. Check the brackets.

Koreshkov MvP
Ruth Rory

Mvp Rory

Rory

Would not be surprised if Ruth wins at all. I'd have him as the favorite against everyone except maybe Rory.

Back