Bellator Welterweight GP bracket announced. Your picks?

TheBrownRanger

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
It will be

Bracket 1: Lima vs Koreshkov & Michael Page vs Paul Daley
Bracket 2: Ruth vs Gracie & MacDonald vs Fitch (Championship)

I got:

Lima by TKO
MVP by TKO

Ruth by KO
Rory by Decision

Lima by Decision
Rory by Decision

Rory by Decision

Lima decisions Koreskov
MVP dusts off Daley
Ruth decisions Gracie in a butt scoot filled fight.
Rory TKO's Fitch
Larkin puts a clinic on Amasov

Rory TKO's Ruth
MVP styles on Lima

MVP breaks Rory's nose

Lima decisions Koreskov
MVP dusts off Daley
Rory TKO's Fitch

Rory TKO's Ruth
MVP styles on Lima

MVP breaks Rory's nose

I agree with the winners here. Not confident enough to predict which ones get finished though. I don't see Rory finishing any of them either. His are also 5 rds title on the line each one

This tournament is actually quite easy to predict.

Lima decisions Koreskov
MVP dusts off Daley
Rory TKO's Fitch

Rory TKO's Ruth
MVP styles on Lima

MVP breaks Rory's nose

Ummm. No.

Lima Decision
MVP Decision
Ruth KO
Rory KO

Lima Decision
Rory Decision

Rory Decision.

Koreshkov by KO
MVP gets gifted decision. with upcoming British events, that hype train have to keep going
Ruth vs Gracie really 50/50
Rory by decision
and as much as i want Yaroslav to win, Larkin by decision. just cause of l being much more overal experienced

MVP finds a reason to pull out, Koreshkov KO's Larkin
Rory outclasses Ruth/Gracie winner

and here it gets tricky. if Rory gets out of Mousasi fight without being really damaged healthwise he probably beats Andrey. but if Gegard beats him badly, i can actually see him being to cautious against another big striker. then Koreshkov can capitalize on that a win a decision.

Could be boring since each tourney match is 5 rounds. Weird that Rory's defending the belt each tourney fight. What's his prize for winning the tourney?

Is the DAZN iOS app available yet?

I got Ruth way higher...

Bracket 1: Lima vs Koreshkov & Michael Page vs Paul Daley
Bracket 2: Ruth vs Gracie & MacDonald vs Fitch (Championship)

Lima by decision
MVP by submission

Ruth by TKO
Rory by Decision

Lima by decision
Ruth by decision

Ruth by decision.

Could be boring since each tourney match is 5 rounds. Weird that Rory's defending the belt each tourney fight. What's his prize for winning the tourney?

Is the DAZN iOS app available yet?

September 1st I believe. There is a boxing event before the first Bellator event on there.

Love the Gracie vs Ruth matchup. Two younger guys. The better prospect wins and the other can bounce back and could set up a big rematch down the line.

Stoked for this but it seems crazy to expect anyone to fight 3 5 round fights in the next year (ish) without any injuries. And Rory's fighting a 5 round MW fight before it? Fingers crossed that injuries don't ruin this...

I dunno if I'd call all of those exactly "fair" matchmaking in the context of a tournament, but they're all really good as far as telling a story. Grudge matches in Lima/Koreshkov, and Daley/MVP, up and comers in Ruth/Gracie and longtime veteran Fitch getting a title shot.

The bracket seems pretty straightforward like most of you have said. Ruth screams dark horse and could ruin it for MacDonald and I'd love to see MVP upset Semtex.

Most likely:
Lima, Daley, Ruth, MacDonald.
Lima, MacDonald
MacDonald

Most fun for me:
Lima, MVP, Ruth, Fitch
Lima, Ruth
Ruth

Why are Ruth and Gracie fighting each other? Shouldn't they both be bottom ranked in this list? I've never heard of either of them

Last edited:
upload_2018-8-6_16-2-51.jpeg

I’d rather Rory have a first round bye, since he is fighting Mousasi on the same night as Lima vs Koreshkov III. Larkin vs Fitch and the other three (Ruth, Gracie, Amosov) competing in alternate bouts.

this is the best possible bracket i think, i have zero complaints, very excited about this

<TheWire1> Awesome! They are all great, hard to pick the winner.

Back