Bellator to Announce WW GP Brackets Today at 10am Pacific

Exactly. I’m still stumped as to why Rory is in the tournament, and why the tournament isn’t to determine the next challenger for the belt. Rory has a fight with Moose coming up, and I have a feeling that fight will put Rory out of commission for at least another 8-12 months like his last couple of big fights have. Rory has taken so much damage that every fight puts him on a hiatus. Let the other contenders battle it out in the tournament over the next 6-12 months to determine the WW challenger.

My best guess is this is nothing more than to satisfy the DAZN deal.

Kor vs Lima
Daley vs MVP
Ruth vs Gracie
Rory vs Fitch

Alt will be Larkin vs Amsov

Once again I'm really not sure what the purpose of this tournament is besides....lets have tournament. Daley vs MVP has been in the works for what seems like forever. Ruth vs Gracie you could've easily made and it makes sense. Kor vs Lima no issues there and once again could've been made. Rory vs Fitch is what it is.

For whatever reason I am way more interested in the tournament format than in regular fights. Maybe it's because I can think through the possibilties who will advance and maybe win, maybe it's cause every fight in the tournament is main event worthy or a combination of both.

In a time, where guys with no legit wins within 8 years get a TS, this tournament is as legit as it comes and has a legit claim to produce the best WW in the world right now.

Last edited:
Whoa.. I just realized.. the winner of Ruth/Gracie is getting a title shot. I mean ultimately the winner of the whole thing is champion but for some reason that blew my mind.

Back