Bellator to Announce "Landmark" Distribution Deal at 6/26 Presser

Right now, Bellator is feast and mostly famine. Some cards are stacked, but most I don't have any interest in like the next one.

Right now, Bellator is feast and mostly famine. Some cards are stacked, but most I don't have any interest in like the next one.

I'm always interested in watching Caldwell fight. Storley has the whole Brock Lesnar legacy angle, his NCAA choke jobs hurts his marketability though.

I really hope they don't go behind a paywall. I like being able to watch it free (relatively speaking).

I guess, but with the CFO it seems like it would be bigger.

the CFO being there and not the head of paramount is concerning to me and could be a sign they are moving off paramount.

It's concerning because the head of paramount distancing his name from Bellator is not a good sign and CFO's are known for cutting costs and laying people off.

the announcment being the UK distribution deal makes sense because coker already mentioned this was happening and its a viacom owned network but it also doesnt make sense because why would this be announced in viacoms office in NY rather than the UK?

if the announcement is a move to CMT then I would say they are one step from dead.

if they are moving to showtime then I would say it is very good news and it would be like getting a second life.

a Dazn deal would be inbetween.

Maybe back to MTV 2 or that Latino station they started on. Can't seem them getting a better deal since their ratings have been fucking terrible.

If they move to some shit channel I don't have in HD, I'm going to be disappointed.

I just got FS2 in HD and it's nice rewatching old replays in HD where previously I'd ignore DVR listings on FS2 because the SD quality was really grainy and shitty.

Is DAZN a TV channel or online streaming. This will mean more views for Bellator than right?
DAZN is a streaming platform currently based in Europe and Asia. The views for Bellator depends on how well it takes off in the US.

So if I don't have cable I can now watch? Does it cost anything?

Yes, with DAZN you will be able to watch all Bellator events, live with no tape delay. Paramount will still televise 15 Bellator events per year, which will also stream on DAZN, and DAZN will have 7 exclusive cards per year , starting with the Rory-Mousasi/Wand-Rampage card on 9/29.

The price is not known yet, as the service has not yet launched in the U.S. In Canada, the price is $20 per month, which is around $15 U.S.

Back