Bellator to Announce "Landmark" Distribution Deal at 6/26 Presser

Bellator are bringing out a range of hotdog branders to rival the UFC's. You'll only be able to brand the hotdog 5 hours after it's been cooked and it only works with low quality hotdogs that have previously been branded with a UFC brander.

I bet they get on Hulu it’s a joint venture owned by Comcast and Time Warner. Disney is already in with UFC, News Corp (FOX) just got out with the UFC, and Sony isn’t interested.
They go on hulu that would be stupid. I dont think that platform is thriving. unless its free that would mean bootlegging the fights for me.

Most obvious thing would be moving to CMT. Maybe adding some other programming around the Bellator brand. Like a weekly MMA show, maybe Top 10 KO type weekly shows, etc. etc.

Would be nice if they worked out a deal with someone else to broadcast there "tent pole" events. I think it would secure Bellator's future longer if someone is willing to pay decent money yearly for like 8 events. Because its obvious Viacom can't figure it out after 4 years on what to do with the roster to improve ratings.

P.S.: Let's not forget how many land mark history making announcements have been promised in the world of MMA only to turn out to be so-so news in the end for most fans.

I bet they get on Hulu it’s a joint venture owned by Comcast and Time Warner. Disney is already in with UFC, News Corp (FOX) just got out with the UFC, and Sony isn’t interested.
Disney is about to be majority owner of Hulu.......

@YOLOGOGOPLATA

Nobody I contacted has any idea lol

The deal must be signed if they have a presser set up, so that is pretty shocking nothing leaked so far.

That makes me "think" it might internal to Viacom

Most obvious thing would be moving to CMT. Maybe adding some other programming around the Bellator brand. Like a weekly MMA show, maybe Top 10 KO type weekly shows, etc. etc.

Would be nice if they worked out a deal with someone else to broadcast there "tent pole" events. I think it would secure Bellator's future longer if someone is willing to pay decent money yearly for like 8 events. Because its obvious Viacom can't figure it out after 4 years on what to do with the roster to improve ratings.

P.S.: Let's not forget how many land mark history making announcements have been promised in the world of MMA only to turn out to be so-so news in the end for most fans.

I am of a similar mindset
As I wrote a few months ago, there were rumors of CMT, but that is a downgrade.
Since UFC/ESPN was for $300m, it might make Viacom look for some guaranteed money to get them out of the red.
Also Turner/ATT were very interested in UFC but could not bid, the timing of the announcement makes me wonder if they are involved.
But a good guess might be SHO for 6 events a year (or so)

A few speculations

1.Bellator moves to CMT and will no longer have tape delay for us West Coast people
2.Bellator moves onto a streaming site(Netflix, Amazon)
3.Viacom and CBS will merger and Bellator will be on CBS/CBS Sports Network and Showtime.
4.Bellator moves to the UK.

Anyone else notice the last few months Showtime has been airing old Strikeforce events with much more regularity.......

If they were moving to CMT I highly doubt they would consider that a LANDMARK DISTRIBUTION deal so I'm more inclined to believe like others said that they are getting on a streaming service or the merger of company's equaling bellator on more channels.

Wtf no there not having a major press conference to tell everyone their Cage Fights are going be to on Country Music Television.

not sure if its anything but wasn't Ariel fired from fox for going to Bellator as a spectator and now Jay Glazer is on the desk and still has a job

Anyone else notice the last few months Showtime has been airing old Strikeforce events with much more regularity.......

If they were moving to CMT I highly doubt they would consider that a LANDMARK DISTRIBUTION deal so I'm more inclined to believe like others said that they are getting on a streaming service or the merger of company's equaling bellator on more channels.
They've been on for over a yr

No idea

Good stuff

Actually remember earlier this year the rumors were CBS and Showtime were thinking about getting into mma?

Shortly after I noticed every now and again they'd play an old Strikeforce event.

Then within the last 3 months or so I'd say there was a Strikeforce rerun around the time a UFC or Bellator event aired. Generally it'd feature guys fighting on ppv on the UFC soon or fedor events before fedor fights in bellator.

I found it odd but never really pieced anything together until the Viacom merger rumor.Orifinally PFL was shopped to them but CBS didn't buy in on them.

Actually remember earlier this year the rumors were CBS and Showtime were thinking about getting into mma?

Shortly after I noticed every now and again they'd play an old Strikeforce event.

Then within the last 3 months or so I'd say there was a Strikeforce rerun around the time a UFC or Bellator event aired. Generally it'd feature guys fighting on ppv on the UFC soon or fedor events before fedor fights in bellator.

I found it odd but never really pieced anything together until the Viacom merger rumor.Orifinally PFL was shopped to them but CBS didn't buy in on them.

Plus they have a history with Coker

They've been on for over a yr

I know they've shown them sporadically before but more recently it's been more events and with purpose to either promote upcoming fights or try and see if ppl would tune in off of current name value I suppose.

To me it comes off as testing the audience but I could be completely off just stating what I've personally seen.thryve definitely been airing more Strikeforce the last 3-4 months.

In before I could edit.....

ON THE MONEY MY MAN!!

Thanks, but I had no idea of SF replays ... nice info
I put that I could see them doing 6 events a year on SHO (or similar)
I wonder if it will coincide with smaller shows on CMT

Both make sense, bc the smaller ratings will be better for CMT & the tentpole events could seem special on SHO

They go on hulu that would be stupid. I dont think that platform is thriving. unless its free that would mean bootlegging the fights for me.

Hulu is very much thriving

Hulu is very much thriving
I disagree, their content is far below netflix or amazon and have only created a handful of original content. I dont even know anyone with a hulu subscription and their player is trash

I definitely want to believe this. I do think that companies will always try to oversale
I disagree, their content is far below netflix or amazon and have only created a handful of original content. I dont even know anyone with a hulu subscription and their player is trash

I have Hulu and enjoy a lot of their content. I remember reading that Hulu’s subscriptions were trending upwards, just like most other streaming services.

Of course they are nowhere near Netflix, but they are trending upwards none the less.

Back