Bellator to Announce "Landmark" Distribution Deal at 6/26 Presser

Cousin Oliver

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Any guesses? Fox Sports? NBC Sports? Viacom's CFO will be speaking at the event, so that points to something major, I think.

Netflix would be cool. I mean, since amazon and the UFC seem to be getting closer

Must be pretty big if the CFO of Viacom will be there. You would think if the Viacom CFO is listed there would be atleast one Paramount executive like Kevin Kay... I wonder if they are leaving Paramount

I think it would end up as a FP version or something like that....

I'd like to be excited, but Viacom is actually a lot smaller than it used to be. Looking at their subsidiaries, "leaving Paramount for CMT" is about all I can come up with, and that's not very exciting.

CBS and showtime shows would be ideal for Bellator.

Paramount audience just isn’t for Bellator, evident by the sharp ratings decline since the rebranding.

I'd like to be excited, but Viacom is actually a lot smaller than it used to be. Looking at their subsidiaries, "leaving Paramount for CMT" is about all I can come up with, and that's not very exciting.
Not that big Viacom is owned by National Amusements the companies worth over 43 billion?

I bet they get on Hulu it’s a joint venture owned by Comcast and Time Warner. Disney is already in with UFC, News Corp (FOX) just got out with the UFC, and Sony isn’t interested.

A few speculations

1.Bellator moves to CMT and will no longer have tape delay for us West Coast people
2.Bellator moves onto a streaming site(Netflix, Amazon)
3.Viacom and CBS will merger and Bellator will be on CBS/CBS Sports Network and Showtime.
4.Bellator moves to the UK.

CBS and showtime shows would be ideal for Bellator.

Paramount audience just isn’t for Bellator, evident by the sharp ratings decline since the rebranding.

This. Thats biggest/best thing it could be. Showtime is a better fit for combat sports than Paramount.

Its also possible its maybe few shows on CBS and not a full move to Showtime.

3.Viacom and CBS will merger and Bellator will be on CBS/CBS Sports Network and Showtime.
That would be huge, but I don't see how Bellator would be relevant enough to take center stage of such an important merger announcement.

Viacom is bringing back Spike TV, and Bellator will be back on Spike Friday night's with the old school tournaments. That's my prediction.

Viacom is bringing back Spike TV, and Bellator will be back on Spike Friday night's with the old school tournaments. That's my prediction.
bring back tourneys and buy ACB's roster. with that kind of depth to back up the guys at the top they'd position themselves as a bigger challenge to the UFC

@FrankieNYC ?
Idk if you are strictly a UFC insider, but was curious if you had answers for this thread.

Hey man
I saw that on another board & sent an email out to see if I can hear anything but nothing yet.

Far from an "insider", but I do know people who are.

The last thing I heard was they were testing CMT to see if that was a fit (since ratings on Paramount are dropping) but that is not "landmark".
Unless they get SHO or HBO as well.

Interesting though & hopefully its good news for them.

Back