Bellator PPV estimate is ..............

He just recently fucked himself over with the Lesnar returning to UFC news.

How much proof do you need that he's full of shit? The people defending him on here over that is shocking, claiming that Meltzer is more credible that the UFC, and that this is just some marketing ploy by the UFC... as if you can hide something like returning to the testing pool.

But hey, whatever makes you happy.

All I really care about is his PPV #'s. If they were accurate during the WWE era (which I heard they were but haven't verified) then I don't see why I shouldn't trust them here. He's bound to be wrong about some shit if your just going off sources from the company.

Did his numbers match up with the numbers released by WWE? I think that's all that matters here. Could care less what fans on some forum think people are fucking stupid and will mock someone just cause they are jealous. Half the people on that wrestling forum are probably pissed cause Meltzer makes a living off something they love to watch.

For the record:
Chael is a member of Meltzer's sitte (along with FRB) & what Chael actually said was:
The only person that is close on PPV numbers is Dave Meltzer - except mine which are always low.
Only a nitwit would not get the humor CS was going for.
You know the same humor where he says he was MMA's biggest draw & highest paid athlete?

Also like you said, his numbers were backed by WWE's financials that went public.

Sports Illustrated Senior Reporter:
“You could cover the Vatican or State Department,” Deford said recently, “and not do as good a job as Dave Meltzer does”

Ariel Helwani:
Pumped that Dave Meltzer, the Godfather of MMA journalism, is now a part of @mmafighting.

Snowden:
Every MMA journalist is the same guy except Dave Meltzer who is the guy they are trying to be.

As far as his respect in the industry of wrestling.
I'd go with Jim Ross, Flair, Hart, Cornette, Jericho, Rock, etc. over some cranky fans.

I disagree with his opinions on MMA a lot (more than I agree), but his history of business (MMA/WWE) is un-matched

He was the ONLY person to get all the UFC/WME sale details correct & is the only reason we have concrete evidence of what UFC financials are.

There are various kinds of reporters & when it comes to business, he is the best source by far.
Others are better at analytical breakdowns & interviews.

All I really care about is his PPV #'s. If they were accurate during the WWE era (which I heard they were but haven't verified) then I don't see why I shouldn't trust them here. He's bound to be wrong about some shit if your just going off sources from the company.

Don't listen to trolls
I actually gave the exact quote about what he said about Brock.
He never said Brock was definitely returning & wasn't the guy that broke that "news".
Factually what he said was that UFC contacted Brock to return in December because they could not convince Ronda too. Then he said he was told Brock was going back in the pool & that Nowitsky said he hasn't yet.

That would look to be impossible, given Lesnar’s suspension, but there is clearly smoke to the fire in the sense that Lesnar will apparently be putting himself in the USADA drug testing pool. While he made no public announcement, that means he would no longer be considered a retired fighter. Several sources have said Lesnar had already put himself in the drug testing pool but Jeff Novitzky told MMA Fighting that as of 7/19, that was not the case, and that Lesnar had not even officially inquired about being put back into the testing pool.

Last edited:
I dunno I think even a bigger failure is 213's numbers. That's absolutely terrible for a IFW event.

No, official PPV numbers are almost never released. This is well known. Guys like Meltzer give us the best estimates, and that's usually all we have to go on.

No where in my post did i say the numbers wouldbe released to the general public. Who are you arguing with?

Well, I bought it.

95,000 > 1....

Story checks out so far.

Oh shit! Wait, i'm in Canada. It was 95K in the US.

Therefore = 95,001

Science.

Back