• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="FrankieNYC, post: 131165919, member: 422075"

Can you link me to Coker saying 250k?
I heard they are hoping for 200k
250k I don't see[/QUOTE]

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/19558519/bellator-scott-coker-best-mma-ppv-offered-2017

"When you say expectations, it's something I think we're going to feel," Coker said. "To me, any [buy rate] in the mid-200,000s would be respectable. And anything in the 300,000s would be considered a big hit.

As someone said in another thread, if they reach SF level that would be great.

Indeed! Man the production value is so much better than the UFC. The hour preview before ppv is superb

Last edited:
No bars are showing this thing....... word out is weak. I would say sub 100K but I will be one of the 90K ordering

No bars are showing this thing....... word out is weak. I would say sub 100K but I will be one of the 90K ordering

I can't see it doing lower than rampage
if it does Coker will be sent packing lol

lots of free tv fighters on this card nobody knows to be honest

i have to say 190k

MayMac has casted a large cloud over all combat sports...

It'll affect Bellator NYC, as it did with Ward-Kovalev 2, and like will Canelo-Golovkin.

I would've said 200-250K, but because of MayMac... I'm say 150-200K.

I agree, it's completely overshadowed this event and sucked out any talk at all about it. When I was looking for chatter of people asking for stream links on twitter it really was dead which tells me there was little interest at all in this event.

I agree, it's completely overshadowed this event and sucked out any talk at all about it. When I was looking for chatter of people asking for stream links on twitter it really was dead which tells me there was little interest at all in this event.

I don't think MayMac effected this.
But for an event in MSG, it had zero vibe in NYC.
Holly/GDR had a lot more in Brooklyn.
This had no local press coverage that i seen & it is the media capital of the world.

hopefully 200k plus, coker said that would be ideal. If they beat that it means they can do more for everyone involved.

I don't think MayMac effected this.
But for an event in MSG, it had zero vibe in NYC.
Holly/GDR had a lot more in Brooklyn.
This had no local press coverage that i seen & it is the media capital of the world.

Really? It's literally been eating up the majority of coverage of every mma media outlet for the last 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, this event was going to be a stinker no matter what but I think the MayMac killed off any buzz it might of had going. I actually didn't even realize this card was happening tonight until earlier this week and I confident that the MayMac coverage was the main cause of that.

Really? It's literally been eating up the majority of coverage of every mma media outlet for the last 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, this event was going to be a stinker no matter what but I think the MayMac killed off any buzz it might of had going. I actually didn't even realize this card was happening tonight until earlier this week and I confident that the MayMac coverage was the main cause of that.

You could be right, but I don't see it.
NYC covers everything ... people just did not care like they hoped
Bellator just does not mean much to people now. On MMA sites it got a lot of hype, but very few casuals go there unless there is a big card.
Fedor & Wandy are not big to casuals in 2017. Chael might be closer to his heyday, but even he is 5 years past.
For free casuals would watch. For $50? I doubt it.

i think this might have done more than 200K based on all the activity on the forums and online and the media coverage from ESPN and other major sports outlets. I originally thought it might do 150-200 but i was surprised by all the coverage and activity during and after the fight

Just to keep somewhat of an update
I asked Meltzer & he said not enough numbers came in to do an official early estimate, but it doesn't look too good.

If you read into that, Coker told dave he needed 200k & then told press 250k
MSG is the most expensive venue in the country & NYC unions & the OT is huge

So not looking good = I'd guess 150k at best (if it stays at the level it seems)

Just to keep somewhat of an update
I asked Meltzer & he said not enough numbers came in to do an official early estimate, but it doesn't look too good.

If you read into that, Coker told dave he needed 200k & then told press 250k
MSG is the most expensive venue in the country & NYC unions & the OT is huge

So not looking good = I'd guess 150k at best (if it stays at the level it seems)

What exactly does that mean? 150k at $50 a pop means $7.5mil in PPV revenue+$1.5mil gate (I heard someone throw that # out there, I don't have a source) means $9mil in revenue not including adverts.

Is that enough cover costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back