• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankieNYC

STUFF!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last PPV did in the range of most non-UFC PPV & topped off at 100k

This seems like it should be bigger, but by how much?

I'm a Noo Yawka & there is not much buzz in NYC.
If that translates into PPV buys, I don't see it doing all that well.

I'm going with 151-200k

I think anything over 200k would be huge for them & hope they hit that mark so they can get Viacom to do better by a lot of the fighters (insurance, stop selling tix, treat prelim guys to more than $1-2k)

As someone said in another thread, if they reach SF level that would be great.

Thinking about 205-210. It's gonna be surprisingly big for them and they're going to make some serious mistakes after by doing things like Randy vs Fedor and Royce vs someone.

Around 200k for me.

I think 200k will be the benchmark - anything over 200k will be a good result. Under 200k not so much. They literally have all their stars (apart from Rory Mac & MVP) on this show.

Thinking about 205-210. It's gonna be surprisingly big for them and they're going to make some serious mistakes after by doing things like Randy vs Fedor and Royce vs someone.

Around 200k for me.

I think 200k will be the benchmark - anything over 200k will be a good result. Under 200k not so much. They literally have all their stars (apart from Rory Mac & MVP) on this show.

Pretty much my thoughts

I just asked Meltzer & he said that they are hoping for 200+ & that would be a success in their opinion.
He is from San Jose & pretty close with Coker.

My biggest concern with this card is that I don't want to have two orgs that I have to buy fights for now. I love the fact that Bellator (besides that one time, and that wasn't worth it at all) is free on Spike. If they keep trying to capitalize on these big names, I fear they will try to do more like this, where they have big Dynamite-like card every six months that I have to shell out 50 bucks for. I root for all MMA orgs (besides ACB for other reasons now) but I find myself struggling to hope that this card is successful. I don't want to encourage them. The UFC is hard enough to keep up with, about 60 bucks a month is a noticeable drain. If Bellator wants to slide into the PPV market if this card is successful, I could find that number ramping up to 70-75 bucks a month if you average out the costs, and that's starting to push it for even me, the hardcore that gets every card.

July is already going to be tough, with 213 and 214 within four weeks of each other. If 215 is three weeks later and still on PPV (I doubt it at this rate), I'm not so sure I'll be able to buy every card comfortably anymore. And I don't want to be in a place to have to make that decision about opportunity costs.

My biggest concern with this card is that I don't want to have two orgs that I have to buy fights for now. I love the fact that Bellator (besides that one time, and that wasn't worth it at all) is free on Spike. If they keep trying to capitalize on these big names, I fear they will try to do more like this, where they have big Dynamite-like card every six months that I have to shell out 50 bucks for. I root for all MMA orgs (besides ACB for other reasons now) but I find myself struggling to hope that this card is successful. I don't want to encourage them. The UFC is hard enough to keep up with, about 60 bucks a month is a noticeable drain. If Bellator wants to slide into the PPV market if this card is successful, I could find that number ramping up to 70-75 bucks a month if you average out the costs, and that's starting to push it for even me, the hardcore that gets every card.

July is already going to be tough, with 213 and 214 within four weeks of each other. If 215 is three weeks later and still on PPV (I doubt it at this rate), I'm not so sure I'll be able to buy every card comfortably anymore. And I don't want to be in a place to have to make that decision about opportunity costs.

Excellent post & reasoning.
In a declining PPV era, I was surprised Viacom allowed this after losing money (supposedly) on the last PPV.
Plus you would think a TV company would want the product on their station.
Very strange all around.

250k.

Last edited:
I think it will do well.

You've got the Russian audience who will want to see Fedor

Wanderlei has devoted Brazilian fans

Rory has a following in Canada

Then American casuals are familiar with all those names

I'm thinking 250-300

if your going america only im guessing 200-250 k , worldwide easily 300k plus

I'm thinking about 250k. Lineup didn't have any pullouts and the McGregor/Mayweather buzz seems to have faded enough for there to be room for MMA excitement.

The only correct answer is.....

bout tree fiddy

Wonder if Melter will please Viacom by pushing the figures up like how he does with the ufc.

People pay for fights? Bellator should stick to free on Fridays.

100-150k. I'm not sure what Bellator could've done better in terms of promotion, this ppv just doesn't seem to have any buzz outside the hardcore community. I'm probably gonna go watch it at the movie theater that sells beer.

If Rampage-Mo can do 100k I'd say 165-185 is about the ball park for this one.

When it comes down to boxing, UFC or Bellator, I'm more likely to skip mediocre UFC PPVs instead of a quality boxing or non-UFC MMA PPV event just because the UFC has so many PPVs. I like variety in my combat sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back