Bellator Moves to Sign Rory MacDonald

Which statements do you agree with?

• Total voters
The UFC will probably re-sign Rory. Rory should obviously consider Bellator to maximize his pay-out. Rory's a highly skilled guy and his fights are usually awesome. Don't see a reason not to keep him.

One of the younger talents on the roster. UFC needs to keep him and coming off loss I would imagine his value went down

Koreshkov would knock Rory out to Bolivia.

Vastly superior striker and Rory is not taking him down.

You've given us some great fights Rory, get as much freakin money as you can get right now, it's the only way to compensate you for your past wars, who knows whats going to happen in the future.

The UFC should try to keep him, and he should consider Bellator. It worked out great for Gil; no reason to not consider your options.

Rory's nose will be like Koscheck's eye after the GSP fight. Something he's always going to subconsciously protect and something other fighters will target. He should get the most money he can because he'll likely never be UFC champ unless some shit goes down.

Voted: UFC should try to keep him

UFC has never lost anyone they wanted to keep to Coker's Retirement Home for Wayward Fighters. If you are languishing in the Bellator Circus, it is because the big leauges didn't want you. I believe they want Rory like they wanted Gilbert and Sterling. And Viacom is not going to let Coker spend big money on a guy whose drawing power is entirely based on him fighting elite UFC competition. He is not a star or draw on his own. Why let go your champion and elite LW go and then sign Rory? Is it because UFC already built Rory up and Coker can't make a star on his own without the UFC brand? Sad.

They would be better off signing Dan Severn to fight Tank Abbott. That is what Bellator is about now.

Maybe he re-signs with the UFC since they are under new ownership. I wonder how much power Dana has with that and who he's running it though? He and Lorenzo seemed to make 95% of the calls on issues with contracts.

Back