Bellator MMA World GP - hardest to pick GP match ups ever?

LiveFreeorDie

Gun Belt
@Black
Reaction score
5a1dadd738fb5.png

Aside from the criticism, and maybe even rightfully so due to the amount of LHWs in a HW GP, this is one of the most difficult brackets to predict that I can remember.

Rampage/Chael - Rampage's cardio.... need I say more? Chael's ability to blanket for 15:00mins. I favor Page with a KO/TKO, but if EPO/HGH/Test Chael shows up again, he was a beast that can out cardio an obese Page. Of course Page can KO the recent versions of Chael we have seen inside the Bellator cage.

Fedor/Mir - Hard to pic a chiny Fedor, who seems to only stand and bang and that hasn't looked good on the ground in a decade, but then again one casting punch to the face of Mir is all it takes.

Mitrione/Nelson - Although Mitrione is a favorite, Nelson still has a chin and Mitrione can get flat lined by Nelson in one punch.

Badr/King Mo - After the Davis fight this would seem to be the easiest to call, but Mo's boxing might be superior and his wrestling is defiantly solid.

The thing is, no matter how these fights go in the first round, the second round matchups do not get any easier to predict. I'm actually excited for this GP.

I think they dun goof'd by not going with Emelianenko-Sonnen. I imagine they're both going to be underdogs in the opening bout, and if either (or both) get eliminated, people will lose interest in the tournament in general (like they did the Strikeforce HWGP).

I think they dun goof'd by not going with Emelianenko-Sonnen. I imagine they're both going to be underdogs in the opening bout, and if either (or both) get eliminated, people will lose interest in the tournament in general (like they did the Strikeforce HWGP).
i think more people wanted Fedor vs Mir regardless of the tournament, no one really wanted to watch fedor vs chael, this is their way of setting that match up. tournaments never really go as planned so you can only do so much to plan them because of dropouts/injuries, i just want to see the best matches they can make now and the tourney will unfold as it unfolds.

Round 1

Rampage/Chael – Chael via UD by wrestlefuck
Fedor/Mir – Fedor KO’s Mir R1

Mitrione/Nelson – Competitive fight, Mitrione wins UD
Bader/King Mo – Bader takes this easily by whatever he wants – TKO R2

Round 2

Fedor/Chael – Fedor wins by GNP
Mitrione/Bader – Bader via speed and wrestling advantage – late TKO

Final

Fedor/Bader – Funny to say outloud – Bader takes this one and becomes two division champ (LHW/HW)

Bringing this to the top

Called the entire tournament

The entire tournament sucked. One competitive fight, Mitrione vs Nelson, the rest were uncompetitive garbage

Round 1

Round 2

Final

Fedor/Bader – Funny to say outloud – Bader takes this one and becomes two division champ (LHW/HW)
Almost completely accurate. Props.

Round 1

Round 2

Final

Wizard

The entire tournament sucked. One competitive fight, Mitrione vs Nelson, the rest were uncompetitive garbage
Rodney hating in a Bellator thread.

Now there's something I've never seen before...

Round 1

Round 2

Final

Damn...

Round 1

Round 2

Final

You had that shit spot on. Nice

Back