Bellator MMA land 'game changing' multi-year nine-figure deal with DAZN

The only big Con to this is that you will miss 7 Bellator events if you don't want to pay. Other than that, we get all Bellator fights live and Scott is given more freedom to promote and matchmake the fights he wants. No more dependency on Paramount.

For most of us it just means we will now have to pay for what we would have got for free.

It's $150 a year too, so yeah. A major negative for me personally.

Yeah, this^

I really, really didn't want Bellator to go behind a paywall, but I guess that I won't be posting "What's good Hardcores! :) " as much as I used to... :(

never heard of dazn, and since it's not in the usa yet, no idea how good/shitty they are.

if they actually have a good amount of sportsball, i might actually be interested in subscribing.

probably not, though.

All the Bellator content and library will be available
Like all there previous events or just ones that air on dazn . I don’t know why bellator doesn’t have YouTube channel making all there fights available, there quite a few fights from tournaments I’d like to rewatch

If they throw Ed Ruth in that tournament with those killers? Holy S#it. Not sure how wise it is for him, but DC was in a similar spot with the strikeforce tournament and that worked out well for him.

Last edited:
The only big Con to this is that you will miss 7 Bellator events if you don't want to pay. Other than that, we get all Bellator fights live and Scott is given more freedom to promote and matchmake the fights he wants. No more dependency on Paramount.

I'm willing to bet every high dollar fighter will be on these 7 events a large majority if not all the time.

$20 a month to me seems a little steep from a company like Bellator and what level of fights they offer to us. The other current content on Dazn I have little to no interest in and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now if this was on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime I could understand going this route. Great for Bellator's bottom line but I'm not sure fans are gaining a whole lot of anything outside of a few that can't get Bellator right now. But I highly doubt that adds up to that much in the big picture.

I'm willing to bet every high dollar fighter will be on these 7 events a large majority if not all the time.

$20 a month to me seems a little steep from a company like Bellator and what level of fights they offer to us. The other current content on Dazn I have little to no interest in and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Now if this was on Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime I could understand going this route. Great for Bellator's bottom line but I'm not sure fans are gaining a whole lot of anything outside of a few that can't get Bellator right now. But I highly doubt that adds up to that much in the big picture.

Kevin Kay said that Paramount will be televising 8 Bellator tentpole events per year, so they still have to put the bigger names on "free" Bellator cards. And $20 is the Canadian price for DAZN. At the current exchange rate, that's $15 U.S. I think it will be lower, because of the absence of NFL content exclusive to Canada.

Like all there previous events or just ones that air on dazn . I don’t know why bellator doesn’t have YouTube channel making all there fights available, there quite a few fights from tournaments I’d like to rewatch
All the fights from their cards go on Bellator.com like the next day after they are broadcast for a while now. Maybe that will change going forward, but as of last time I checked you can watch prelims & main card bouts as individual fights on their web site from many recent cards going back quite a while.

So they're just going to put all they're big events on a 10-20$ a month stream and shyster money out of us that way? No thanks, I'll just stream them for free.

Pricks

Don't be shocked if Viacom puts Bellator up for sale.
If this deal gets them close to breaking even or a little in the black, the company's value just went up (compared to losing money)
The ratings & fit on Paramount are not good & other networks need content.

just some convo between me & a few financial people ;)

Yeah which is major. We now have to pay for Rory MacDonald vs. Gegard Mousasi and the Welterweight GP etc.

Per month is $20. So even if you cheat and just order DAZN for the 7 Bellator card months, that's still $140 per year.

Still WAY less then paying for UFC ppvs and fight pass.

Also this isn't just for bellator content you get boxing too and whoever or whatever else they sign on with too.

the way i'm reading, most bellator cards will be aired on both paramount and this new streaming site. only 7 events will be aired exclusively on DAZN

and those exclusive events could be the regional European shows they're trying to do

Its sad but I had to stream their fights cause of tape delay and this
If this deal gets them close to breaking even or a little in the black, the company's value just went up (compared to losing money)

I would kind of hope this happens but at the same time, who would buy them? Cant they just put them back on MTV 2 or something? Maybe Coker still has connections at CBS/Showtime.

Ow. That's bad. Bellator will shrink.

Whoever buys them, it will be smaller than Viacom.
And if they are broadcasted only on some small networks like this dime a dazn, that will turn this company into something smaller than WSOF used to be.

Still WAY less then paying for UFC ppvs and fight pass.
And from what I've heard is, it's going to be closer to $10 or $12 here in the US. I've heard nothing official on the price though. and just like HBO Now, which is very popular, it's going to be all about the content on there. They'll have MMA and Boxing. The World Boxing Super Series wasn't even televised this year at all and the cruiserweight tournament had been excellent, now there's an actual platform to watch it on.

but as far as I can tell, ESPN+ for $4.99 still seems like the better deal, at least come 2019 with the addition of UFC events.

Its sad but I had to stream their fights cause of tape delay and this

I would kind of hope this happens but at the same time, who would buy them? Cant they just put them back on MTV 2 or something? Maybe Coker still has connections at CBS/Showtime.

Ow. That's bad. Bellator will shrink.

Whoever buys them, it will be smaller than Viacom.
And if they are broadcasted only on some small networks like this dime a dazn, that will turn this company into something smaller than WSOF used to be.

If they sell to somebody they can then shop Bellator to other networks.
They don't need to be owned by a network.

I have no idea if anybody is interested, but financial people think this is why Viacom made the move.
They are taking away their own content for guaranteed money.
That does seem like they are stabilizing Bellator to look better for purchase

If they sell to somebody they can then shop Bellator to other networks.
They don't need to be owned by a network.

I have no idea if anybody is interested, but financial people think this is why Viacom made the move.
They are taking away their own content for guaranteed money.
That does seem like they are stabilizing Bellator to look better for purchase
hey I said that earlier today.. lol me knows stuff. I think so to but then again I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. The biggest problem with that is there are not to many buyers who might be interested in them. UFC was always the primary buyer before but it was always for content libraries and fighters, does the UFC really want Bellator's aging fighters who are all UFC castoffs?

rumor is the deal includes Dazn getting stock or stock options so viacom probably already found their buyer in dazn.

Back