Bellator : Make Saku vs Hughes

Hughes vs Kos might be the only fight that isn't like WTF are they doing. Kos is more or less done with any decent fighters in there prime. Hughes fight might be interesting.

I'm still not that convinced Hughes will screw Dana over by signing with Bellator unless Dana gives him his blessing. Which he will if Hughes is making great money. Dana loves to make other orgs spend there money on dead end fighters.
It's not "screwing" anyone he got fired by the UFC. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator is also talking to Chuck. Dana was paying those guys salaries so they wouldn't fight anywhere else but the new owners didn't think it was worth it.

It's not "screwing" anyone he got fired by the UFC. I wouldn't be surprised if Bellator is also talking to Chuck. Dana was paying those guys salaries so they wouldn't fight anywhere else but the new owners didn't think it was worth it.

True the new owners didn't think they where worth paying and probably right. I don't know if either of them hold any grudges towards them for it. Both guys I'm sure understood the "job" was more of thank you for sticking with Zuffa from the start. Outside of handful of dates the UFC didn't expect hardly anything from those guys and my understanding they both made some pretty decent money for it. There is definitely loyalty to the UFC/Dana because of it and I'm sure both parties would give Dana a call if they where going to go work with Bellator or anyone even though they don't have to. The world of MMA at the top is very small and there is no reason to piss someone off because you never know when you may need that person again.

Sakuraba's body is probably at the super human limit of literally falling apart anytime soon due to the abuse he was at the receiving end of, but still

Would have loved to see Hughes vs Saku in their primes. I still think Prime Saku is a better fighter than prime Hughes. and they are probably same size

Am I the only one who wants to see him go with Dennis Hallman again?

Back