Bellator Kickboxing TONIGHT on SPIKETV!

The stoppage was bad according to Paraschiv. Amansio"s team argued a lot and wants rematch with Petrosyan.

The stoppage was bad according to Paraschiv. Amansio"s team argued a lot and wants rematch with Petrosyan.

It would probably be a good rematch. Petrosyan just had his number that night, he kept changing to southpaw and was finding the body shot clean 2/3 times early on and dropped him with a beautiful kick to the liver or ribs, it was a really loud crack. From memory he didnt get up in time and wasnt complaining about the stoppage at the time but id have to see it again. Petrosyan looked great. I was really disserpointed when i see him last year but he looked fantasic saturday

Any given sunday and all that. Its the fight game. You cant put on a great performance everytime. Last year Armen Petrosyan had a really boring performance in Florance. But he looked great last weekend.

I think for the last minite replacements, its a long way to come at short notice. Ross even had someone from the UK in his corner who is a old acquaintance and not even one of his coaches.

with the victory kickboxing show on first It was a good show over all to watch live, especially for the price of a ticket. Compared to what we get in the UK it was great!
But it is what it is. Im not really sure what you expect when more than half the fight card flown in last minute from the states. It looks like you are just trying a little to hard to hate bellator kb. Daniels had a great first round then got injured near the end of the round and was shit after and everyone in the arena thought schilling lost. But at least they all came over to put on a last minute show. After petro pulling out of a tittle fight it was always gonna be tough to save the show.
I expect title holders to put their title on the line and not lose fights without losing their title.

I don't think I am asking for too much here.

Do you not agree that having your champion lose a non title fight is a bad look for your promotion?

I mean K1 also does that. And yes, looks pretty bad.

I expect title holders to put their title on the line and not lose fights without losing their title.

I don't think I am asking for too much here.

Do you not agree that having your champion lose a non title fight is a bad look for your promotion?

Yeah i totally agree, it looks pretty bad.

But i also understand that if it is at a catch weight it couldn't of been for a tittle.

Yeah i totally agree, it looks pretty bad.

But i also understand that if it is at a catch weight it couldn't of been for a tittle.
But what is the point then? Why make a catch weight fight for your champion against a complete nobody?

Here is what really happened. They wanted to bring in a can for Kevin to crush but they couldn't give the can a title shot so they made a catch weight and it backfired.

It would probably be a good rematch. Petrosyan just had his number that night, he kept changing to southpaw and was finding the body shot clean 2/3 times early on and dropped him with a beautiful kick to the liver or ribs, it was a really loud crack. From memory he didnt get up in time and wasnt complaining about the stoppage at the time but id have to see it again. Petrosyan looked great. I was really disserpointed when i see him last year but he looked fantasic saturday

I thought Paraschiv looked better until that liver kick. He complained in the press, plus also his coach. I believe though it was a great kick of Petrosyan, but he shouldn"t have been stopped. Maybe a rematch can happen, to avoid this talk.

But what is the point then? Why make a catch weight fight for your champion against a complete nobody?

Here is what really happened. They wanted to bring in a can for Kevin to crush but they couldn't give the can a title shot so they made a catch weight and it backfired.

This is where we just have a differance of an opinion. I dont really care enough to see it like that. I bought a ticket to watch petrosyan, was gutted he got injured but was happy to see Daniels, Ross and schilling as his replacements. I didnt really matter to me that it wasnt for a tittle. It was a last minute catch weight match up to help boost a card on an arena that had sold out due to petrosyan. I dont look any deeper into it than that.

There were no cans fighting, there were some who were not house hold names, but they all had accomplished resumes. Obviously not as ecperianced as Ross, but it was a last minute match up!

I just love watching kickboxing, having friends who run local shows i know what its like when you get last minute drop outs. Its an american company doing an event in italy. I personally like how they are using local talent. Just because you havent heard of them doesnt really mean much. They were all pretty big stars locally.

Same happens in the UFC, when they come to the UK for a show, a load of UK tallent no one has heard of get put on the card in their UFC debut. No one complains. No one really cares. If its a good show, its a good show.

I thought Paraschiv looked better until that liver kick. He complained in the press, plus also his coach. I believe though it was a great kick of Petrosyan, but he shouldn"t have been stopped. Maybe a rematch can happen, to avoid this talk.

The fight didnt really last that long from what i remenber, i thought peteo was just one step ahead though, he seemed to find thst body shot early on and landed clean a few times. Id be happy to see a re match though, i like both guys. Im not sure i buy that it was a bad stoppage. Im pretty sure he didnt get up in time from taking a knee. Id have to find the fight and rewatch though.

You gotta realize we are judging these promotions on a larger scale.

If that event was in my area, sure I would go to it and probably have a blast.

That doesn't negate any of my points though.

You gotta realize we are judging these promotions on a larger scale.

If that event was in my area, sure I would go to it and probably have a blast.

That doesn't negate any of my points though.
I would like to use this opportunity to point out that Bellator kickboxing has had EIGHT events.

There were more meaningful matchups, new stars born, great knockouts happening in any one of the debut card of Glory, Kunlun, K-1 Japan, Knock Out, Enfusion and any other decent post-FEG era than across the entirety of those 8 events Bellakick wasted.

As I've said in other posts, Bellator needs to actually promote its kickboxing brand. Hardly anyone knows it exists. It's hard to find info on upcoming fights and cards too.

As I've said in other posts, Bellator needs to actually promote its kickboxing brand. Hardly anyone knows it exists. It's hard to find info on upcoming fights and cards too.

Agreed. Im much more of an mma fan but ive been enjoying watching this after bellator. They need to have champs fight for the belt though. They need that to establish some kind of contender system and make me care for anyone other than the champs. Right now i like daniels and ross and thats about it. Schilling seems overrated to me and while he's better than a guy like ross i just like ross more some reason. If his fight was for the belt and 5 rounds mayb he could have taken it but these champs NEED to be in title fights.

Back