Bellator Kickboxing TONIGHT on SPIKETV!

Yeah, hopefully they will go out of business because the world has way too much kickboxing already. Plus I don't want to see the sport grow, so I find it best to hate on their attempts to grow it. I guess we should all go watch football. SMH
I would have agreed with you in 2012. After 5 years of Glory flooding the NA market with subpar cards and souring the concept of kickboxing for many casual fans, I'm skeptical about supporting any org that I'm not completely sure has the matchmaking acumen, the ability to scout real talent, and general org competency to make sure they can put the best product in play.

It has to happen, but its going to be a longer road that anyone had dared to think. Coker's formula of setting up his crew of favorites on a can crushing tour through central Europe isn't going to be a shortcut.

Other then that, there is no possible way to watch the event outside of the US.

Fuck, Here in China there was a website called LETV who had the rights to broadcast Bellator in China, now something changed and there is no way to watch these Bellator cards. It's a pity because you can see Kunlun, Glory of Heroes, EM legends, Krush, K1, and Glory live legally in some chinese websites, but not Bellator kickboxing. You can't even find the torrent after the fight in those fucking italian cards.

Talking about italians, Petrosyan went all the Ben Askren path already. Would love to see him against Sittichai, Baya or Superbon.

LETV had Glory too but they wasted billions and have been pretty much scrambling to even stay alive I think. Was great, could even pick between English and Chinese commentary and everything.

Bellator Kickboxing doesn't have to be a self sustaining or hugely successful promotion on it's own merits because it's owned by media conglomerate Viacom and is operated essentially as a companion to Bellator MMA with many of the production costs amortized by that symbiotic relationship and distributed on their own tv partners so they can do combo MMA & kickboxing cards in Europe. Just accept it for what it is- a somewhat entertaining quarterly kickboxing special attraction that features English speaking kickboxers against mostly Italians and Europeans.

Bellator Kickboxing doesn't have to be a self sustaining or hugely successful promotion on it's own merits because it's owned by media conglomerate Viacom and is operated essentially as a companion to Bellator MMA with many of the production costs amortized by that symbiotic relationship and distributed on their own tv partners so they can do combo MMA & kickboxing cards in Europe. Just accept it for what it is- a somewhat entertaining quarterly kickboxing special attraction that features English speaking kickboxers against mostly Italians and Europeans.
Basically, but its saddening to see that Spike booted Glory off of its platform and replaced it with this. And there's a decent number of casuals who believe its an actual competitor to Glory.

I've been very critical of Glory, but at least those guys have ambition to grow kickboxing into more than what it is now and do deliver legitimate matchups on a fairly regular basis.

Also it sorta speaks to the general directionless nature of Bellator in general to be fooling around with these side projects when doesn't really have a compelling standalone core product yet.

What i don't understand about kickboxing is the championship idea. Like this bellator card had 2 of their chanps i believe, kevin ross and raymond daniels and neither were in a title fight. Why not? The extra rounds and championship belt trading is one of the big things in combat sports so i don't get it. It helps makes legends. Ross lost and maybe in a 5 rounder he could have pulled it out. Haven't seen the Daniels fight yet tho

It helps establish rankings and gives me an idea where people are too. I'm an mma fan that have dabbled in kickboxing so idk everyone. In bellator i know daniels, ross, john wayne parr, schilling and thats like it. If they get a real challenger system i can learn more. I like daniels, i think he'd be a tricky fight for most so he'd maybe be champ for a while but prolly not ross. The dude he fought for the title was better technically than him just had no power at all if i recall right.

What i don't understand about kickboxing is the championship idea. Like this bellator card had 2 of their chanps i believe, kevin ross and raymond daniels and neither were in a title fight. Why not? The extra rounds and championship belt trading is one of the big things in combat sports so i don't get it. It helps makes legends. Ross lost and maybe in a 5 rounder he could have pulled it out. Haven't seen the Daniels fight yet tho

Historically, kickboxing has been a very fragmented sport with dozens of orgs out there sponsoring "world championship" belts. Yeah you do have orgs out there where people go out and do 5R fights for the belt as a main event, but its usually for a smaller org. The only widely accepted sign of legitimacy was winning tournaments like the K-1 GPs. And since that meant that last year's champion would have to go out and fight 3-4 other contenders every year (and usually lost), it was more about the drama of who's advancing this year as opposed to a linear who-beat-who storyline.

You are on the nose that its silly that we have so many champions in non-title fights these days though (Glory, K-1, Bellakick are all guilty of this). The champion wins and its like "ok, nice", they lose and its like "umm... so what does that say about your belt now that you're keeping it despite a loss".

Historically, kickboxing has been a very fragmented sport with dozens of orgs out there sponsoring "world championship" belts. Yeah you do have orgs out there where people go out and do 5R fights for the belt as a main event, but its usually for a smaller org. The only widely accepted sign of legitimacy was winning tournaments like the K-1 GPs. And since that meant that last year's champion would have to go out and fight 3-4 other contenders every year (and usually lost), it was more about the drama of who's advancing this year as opposed to a linear who-beat-who storyline.

You are on the nose that its silly that we have so many champions in non-title fights these days though (Glory, K-1, Bellakick are all guilty of this). The champion wins and its like "ok, nice", they lose and its like "umm... so what does that say about your belt now that you're keeping it despite a loss".

Yeah the K-1 tournaments were when the sport was more interesting to me but I think if they do a real champ system that could work too but it's too much like Pride titles. A bunch of non-title random dudes who haven't earned the shot. Then like you said if they win it really devalues the championship or they have to have an immediate rematch this time for the title. Makes no sense. I really enjoyed that K-1 tournament CC won a few years back though. I know the talent wasn't the best for the tournament but still it was impressive to see Cro Cop still have it in him to win a tourney. He's since won a pretty cool Rizin mma tournament too, guy doesn't age.

not available in my region as always..

just wanted to see Schilling vs Verlinden fight,how was the fight?

not available in my region as always..

just wanted to see Schilling vs Verlinden fight,how was the fight?
Use a VPN or try one of the few different free browser plugins that make it look like you have a U.S. i.p..

Use a VPN or try one of the few different free browser plugins that make it look like you have a U.S. i.p..
im a bit afraid of VPN´s :(

but Shad gave a link of the fights from OK ru so i will watch it later

Watched the Ross fight. He looked like shit.

So embarrassing to listen to Mauro talk about if the Italian won this non title fight he would be in contention for a title fight against Ross...

Wut?

Then he goes on to beat the champ and gets nothing for it. How pathetic for Bellakick. Why would you even make this fight if it's not going to be for the title? Were they that confident in a 37 year old Ross?

Just a bad look for Bellakick and more reasons why nobody supports them.

@Liveforever67 tell your friends they are going have to do better if they want support. At this point it would be better for the sport for them to fail. We need more consolidation of talent, not more promotions.

Lol, do americans still think Ross, Schilling, Malaipet and Jo Nattwaut are the best in the world?

Watched the Ross fight. He looked like shit.

So embarrassing to listen to Mauro talk about if the Italian won this non title fight he would be in contention for a title fight against Ross...

Wut?

Then he goes on to beat the champ and gets nothing for it. How pathetic for Bellakick. Why would you even make this fight if it's not going to be for the title? Were they that confident in a 37 year old Ross?

Just a bad look for Bellakick and more reasons why nobody supports them.

@Liveforever67 tell your friends they are going have to do better if they want support. At this point it would be better for the sport for them to fail. We need more consolidation of talent, not more promotions.

To be fair, wasnt Ross a catch weight because of it being a last minute fight due to injurys on the origanal line up. I think Ross, Daniels ans Schilling were last minute replacements for Petro and Musta. So they made them non tittle?

I might be wrong though.

Lol, do americans still think Ross, Schilling, Malaipet and Jo Nattwaut are the best in the world?
No, because the only fans in the US are hardcore fans. There isn't any casual Kickboxing fans in the US to mix that up.

To be fair, wasnt Ross a catch weight because of it being a last minute fight due to injurys on the origanal line up. I think Ross, Daniels ans Schilling were last minute replacements for Petro and Musta. So they made them non tittle?

I might be wrong though.
I believe the Ross fight was a catch weight, but no clue why. His opponent was bigger than him so it wasn't an issue of Ross not having enough time to make the weight.

Regardless of the reasoning, the embarrassment of the result remains.

I believe the Ross fight was a catch weight, but no clue why. His opponent was bigger than him so it wasn't an issue of Ross not having enough time to make the weight.

Regardless of the reasoning, the embarrassment of the result remains.

Any given sunday and all that. Its the fight game. You cant put on a great performance everytime. Last year Armen Petrosyan had a really boring performance in Florance. But he looked great last weekend.

I think for the last minite replacements, its a long way to come at short notice. Ross even had someone from the UK in his corner who is a old acquaintance and not even one of his coaches.

with the victory kickboxing show on first It was a good show over all to watch live, especially for the price of a ticket. Compared to what we get in the UK it was great!
But it is what it is. Im not really sure what you expect when more than half the fight card flown in last minute from the states. It looks like you are just trying a little to hard to hate bellator kb. Daniels had a great first round then got injured near the end of the round and was shit after and everyone in the arena thought schilling lost. But at least they all came over to put on a last minute show. After petro pulling out of a tittle fight it was always gonna be tough to save the show.

Back