Bellator Kickboxing TONIGHT on SPIKETV!

Liveforever67

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Just a reminder Bellator Kickboxing will airing on SpikeTV tonight!
The card features, Kevin Ross, John Wayne Parr, Raymond Daniels and Joe Schilling!
Should be a thrilling action packed night of fights.

I know 3 of the previously mentioned fighters personally and I have it on good authority that Scott Coker heard our plea's to air the event same day as opposed to 2 weeks later. Please if you love the sport tune it and support the sport. It's about time Kickboxing and Muay Thai grow into the mainstream as they are MUCH more exciting that other mainstream sports IMO.

9pm US Central Time on SpikeTV after Bellator MMA. Bellator Kickboxing tune in!! Support the sport!

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 4
not sure how this could succeed on Spike, when Glory did not.

This is worse than glory! They have petrosyan and the rest are our over rated americans

That's what I'm saying. not sure why you kick Glory and put a subpar product compared to it on the same channel. Maybe Spike has more control over it. no idea.

Other then that, there is no possible way to watch the event outside of the US.

That's what I'm saying. not sure why you kick Glory and put a subpar product compared to it on the same channel. Maybe Spike has more control over it. no idea.

Other then that, there is no possible way to watch the event outside of the US.

Thing is, glory failed because of spike.

We want Americans! And glory followed and it got worse. First few shows were amazing and ratings were going up. But spike put their 2 cents into it and fucked it up

Just looked up ratings for the events, and they usually draw in 200-400k ratings which is not far worse then what Glory did on Spike. so not horrible all things considering, for what I assume costs less to produce then Glory.

would only be interested to see Verlinden vs Schilling live

the rest i would watch it later on yt with no problem

Its one of their better events but still not even a top 3 kickboxing cards taking place this weekend.

Its one of their better events but still not even a top 3 kickboxing cards taking place this weekend.
What are the other cards you're referring to (besides the Glory card)?

What are the other cards you're referring to (besides the Glory card)?
Glory, Knock Out, Enfusion in that order.

I have very mixed feelings about Bellakick. On one hand, I love that a guy like Scott Coker who's had tremendous successes promoting MMA still is looking out for kickboxing. On the other, I have seen nothing in terms of how they get talent, how they make matchups, and how they promote that really distinguishes Bellakick from the shallow, North American circus that Spike wanted Glory to be.

If you go to the spike/bellator MMA
Glory, Knock Out, Enfusion in that order.

I have very mixed feelings about Bellakick. On one hand, I love that a guy like Scott Coker who's had tremendous successes promoting MMA still is looking out for kickboxing. On the other, I have seen nothing in terms of how they get talent, how they make matchups, and how they promote that really distinguishes Bellakick from the shallow, North American circus that Spike wanted Glory to be.

Thanks I'll have to check out Knock Out.

Agree on the promotion, even on the Bellator/Spike website, there's no page for the kickboxing event, not even a mention of it on the Bellator 190 fight page on the site. The only way you'd know about it is if you browsed over to the TV schedule. I noticed things like this with Glory at times too (they've gotten better), kickboxing, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to be well promoted. It almost seems as if they want to see if they market exists first before paying more for better promotion. However, up front investment in promotion would do wonders for creating the market. Bit of a catch-22 imo.

Thanks I'll have to check out Knock Out.

Not gonna lie, KNOCK OUT is really hard to get into outside Japan since you need to know a ton about Japanese KB to understand their cards. That said, I think something like 80-90% of their fights end in KO and they usually have 2-3 FOTY contenders on every card

Some of their better fights this year

Ogasawara Eisaku vs Wanchalong PK Saenchaigym

Fukashi vs Katsuji

Maeguchi vs Katsuji

I just want to see the sport grow. Are things perfect? no...but if fans don't support the events, it will never get better. Here in the US...men playing with balls...aka football, baseball, basketball aren't going anywhere. My only hope is that the community that loves stand up fighting will support the events long enough for them to grow into the events we want to see. Personally, I enjoyed last nights fights! Hope y'all did too.

This is worse than glory! They have petrosyan and the rest are our over rated americans
John Wayne Parr isn't American and I wouldn't call him over rated. Kevin Ross had a very game fight with Saenchai previously, personally I don't find him to be overrated. Joe Schilling's fights are always exciting and Raymond Daniels always brings an entertaining style and pace. I'm always surprised by people that "love the sport" but hate on events that are just trying to grow the sport. I agree the end game would be to have a card with all the best fighters in the world..but that doesn't happen overnight and without support and time to grow.
If so called "fans" won't even support events...how do we grow the audience of people who aren't fans yet?

Not gonna lie, KNOCK OUT is really hard to get into outside Japan since you need to know a ton about Japanese KB to understand their cards. That said, I think something like 80-90% of their fights end in KO and they usually have 2-3 FOTY contenders on every card

Some of their better fights this year

Ogasawara Eisaku vs Wanchalong PK Saenchaigym

Fukashi vs Katsuji

Maeguchi vs Katsuji

Thanks for posting these...I hadn't even heard of this before. Some great fights! Thank you! You rock!!

Decent north american Kickboxers and past primed good european kickboxers vs unknown B classes from Italy

i cant stand for bellator kickboxing because of this reason

Decent north american Kickboxers and past primed good european kickboxers vs unknown B classes from Italy

i cant stand for bellator kickboxing because of this reason
Yeah, hopefully they will go out of business because the world has way too much kickboxing already. Plus I don't want to see the sport grow, so I find it best to hate on their attempts to grow it. I guess we should all go watch football. SMH

It's doesn't really seem to be financial reasons so much as it is politics with the Italians. They're partnered up with Di Blasi and insert complete randoms on the cards because they're Italians. There's plenty of better talent within short cheap flights within EU so there'd be little to no extra hassle. They choose worse talent to their cards for no real reason. When Glory has had Hemmers gym fighters on just because they're Hemmers gym they get the same shit, and they should. Budgetary reasons make sense but having your friends fight on cards because of no other reason than they're your friends is bush league.

They can do better, they should do better. Not growing much of anything when it takes like 6 events to have a single real fight on the cards :p

Last edited:
Yeah, hopefully they will go out of business because the world has way too much kickboxing already. Plus I don't want to see the sport grow, so I find it best to hate on their attempts to grow it. I guess we should all go watch football. SMH
in fact the world already haves a lot of promotions and if bellator went out no one would care,they are probably losing money or not makind enough to launch themselves into the market

the sport didnt need them to grow,to be fair the sport didnt need north americans,they need to be avoided because it is a proved waste of time,there arent a decent number of good kickboxers in america and trying to launch big events with big european-asiatic names is just a big waste of money,glory finally realized it and is more focused on his events on europe-china were they can earn way more and develop themselves

making a event in each 2 months with mid-good level north americans in italy-other east european country fighting hometown guys who are not known even in their own countries is just filling the arena with family and frieds

also the tv ratings are all because the bellator MMA

it is just a waste of time,north america is a country of boxing-MMA and not kickboxing,it didnt changed til now and its not going to change because bellator kickboxing...

Back