Bellator HWGP Alternate Bout??

Cheick Kongo vs. Bobby Lashley would be the fight that makes the most sense for the tournament. I like Wren and he could be deserving of an alternate slot, but the tournament's more about marketable and popular, well-known-in-MMA fighters that have some credibility as heavyweights in some way, and Kongo and Lashley both fit that bill more than Wren. Wren's typically more exciting than Kongo and he has more official skills than Lashley, so they could pick him in the alternate bout because of that, but I doubt it.
They don't really need to have an alternate spot until at least one of the semi-finalists are matched up, though. The opening bouts can have anyone fill in, and it'd be good to have as many options for that as possible and not have someone pidgeonholed in an alternate bout yet.

Can spike/Paramount do more commercials on Bellator from now on. As well as any affiliated channels.

Liam McGoaty vs Cro-Cop

He's had a pretty busy 2017.

Finished Chase Gormley, Sokoudjo and Geronimo Dos Santos in a combined 7 minutes.

Is that supposed to impress anyone? Schaub finished Gormely in 47 seconds years ago. Aleks just dispatched of Geronimo in 36 seconds. Sokoudjo hasn't been worth mentioning since about 2008, especially against a HW.

Is that supposed to impress anyone? Schaub finished Gormely in 47 seconds years ago. Aleks just dispatched of Geronimo in 36 seconds. Sokoudjo hasn't been worth mentioning since about 2008, especially against a HW.

No I think how fast he's been beating them shows he's wasting his time and needs to be in the tournament.

I would be down for Kongo vs Wren as the Alternate Bout.

I'm not sure Wren really wants to fight all that often with all the work he is doing in Africa

Back