Bellator has dropped the ball on women's 125lbs division.

They haven't really done much of anything worth noting in a while. Sign fighters who never fight for them (not always on Invicta, I know), Ignore whole divisions for some events, unclear future plans, murky title pictures, and ever depleting rosters, while other organizations are announcing new signings all the time.

I could talk about Invicta more, but I don't want to divert off the subject of my own thread.
Invicta could definitely do a better job at this point. Signing more Americans, and or people who have fought in America before would help, it avoids the visa and travel issues I think. I think it'd help if they ran a couple more shows/made partnerships with a places like Titan FC and TKO, so that their fighters can stay active yet under their wing.

On the Bellator Subject, they need to give these new girls fights, and give their legit talents fights too. It feels like they want to manufacture a star, not let one build organically. On paper it's a strong division too, I think that the upcoming additions of Iony Razafiarison, Val, and Na Liang gives us enough contenders for a tournament or something.

They need to evenly disperse fights amongst the women, and they need to crown a champ.

You've got Ilmia as the biggest star, up there in the proven talents there is also Ducote, Val, Kate Jackson. I think you do Val vs Ducote as a number 1 contender fight, and Jackson vs Ilimia for a title. (Colleen Schneider is in the top end of this division, but she may be out a while so I excluded her)

There's a lot of good but unproven talent in the middle like Na Liang, Juliana Velasquez, Alejandra Lara, Yankova, and Iony. Match em up with gate keeper types like Veta, Katy Collins, Jessica Middleton. Let the division work itself out.

Not the greatest strategy but they could be banking on Hardy becoming a big star. She definitely has the personality for it, but I wasn't too impressed with her debut.

Heather is never gonna be a mma champ in this division. They might be able to get her a kickboxing belt however.

I think UFC dropped the ball by not signing many GREAT flyweights, Bellator's women's fly is not too far behind the rush should be on for many good ones.. examples...
1. Agnieszka Niedźwiedź “Kuma” (21) 10-0-0 (Invicta)
2. Mackenzie Dern
3. Jennifer Maia (27) 14-4-1 (InvictaFC Champ)
4. Vanessa Porto (33) 18-8-0 (InvictaFC)
5. Kalindra Faria 18-5-1 (TitanFC)
6. Ilima-Lei "The Ilimanator" Macfarlane (27) 6–0 USA (signed w/Bellator)
7. Sarah Kaufman 17-4-0, 1 NC
8. Rin Nakai (29) 19-2-1 (Pancrase/RIZIN FF) Japan
9. Anastasia Yankova 4-0 Russia (signed w/Bellator)
10. Takayo Hashi 15-6-1 (DEEP/Jewels) Japan
11. Brogan Walker 4-0 Guam
12. Ariane Lipski (23) 9-3-0
13. Andrea Lee (28) 7-2-0
14. Priscila Cachoeira 7-0-0
15. Na Liang 6-0-0
16. Valerie Letourneau (33) 8-5-0
17. Milana Dudieva (InvictaFC)
18. Weili Zhang 8-1 (KunlunFC) China
19. Shizuka Sugiyama 12-4-1 (DEEP/Jewels) Japan
20. Tara LaRosa 21-4-0 (InvictaFC)
21. Sarah DAlelio “The Monster” (36) 11-7-0 (signed w/Bellator)
22. Shayna Baszler (Invicta)
23. Keri Melendez (Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez) 1–0 (signed w/Bellator)
24. Emily "Gordinha" Ducote 4–1 (Bellator)
25. Mara Romero Borella (31) 10-4-0
26. Diana Belbita 8-2 Romania
27. Jingnan Xiong 7-1-0 (Kunlun Fight)
27. Sabina Mazo (20) 3-0-0
29. Marilia "Chocolate" Santos 5-0 Brazil
30. Bo Meng 8-1 China
31. Julia Berezikova (32) 10-4-0– XFC
32. Lena "Hunter" Ovchynnikova (30) 12-4-0 Ukraine (signed w/Bellator)
33. Elaine Albuquerque 5-4
34. Daniela Maria da Silva (28) 5-2-0
35. Amanda Lino (26) 3-1-0
36. Kate Jackson (31) 8-2-1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back