Bellator has 5x the money UFC has

Not how money works. If Viacom wanted to seriously invest in mma they would've just bought the UFC. They bought Bellator because it was cheap and a lower investment.

Love you for this.

If you look at his post history he is still trolling away. Good ole Chuteboxin/boxnjitz/andtheresthetrap/dakimbo/PitbullnotConnor/ultimateemo/antsinmyeyesjohnson/f3dor_russia, he never let's us down!

do you guys realize that the Kardashians generate more revenue for Viacom than Bellator? Their salaries are bigger than the entire roster, and rightly so.

UFC does not have $ 4 billion they took loans out so the are in debt

Only if it was that easy.

It's a business and it needs to makes good business sense for there investors and stock holders. Reality is today Bellator is run on shoe string budget compared to the UFC. All you need to do is look no further than there recent signings over the last two years and how they use there roster.

UFC does not have $ 4 billion they took loans out so the are in debt

Supposedly the cost of the debt is like over $100,000,000 a year (more than the half the UFC's profit in it's best year). People who know business really have to explain how this makes sense.

ya but it has a goofy name nobody likes.

Well so is "Ultimate Fighting Championship", we are just used to it.

Supposedly the cost of the debt is like over $100,000,000 a year (more than the half the UFC's profit in it's best year). People who know business really have to explain how this makes sense.

Well so is "Ultimate Fighting Championship", we are just used to it.
1. WME bought the UFC for projected future earnings with revised content distribution deals and decreased operational cost, not current earnings.
2. WME is a entertainment company not a fight company. UFC is just a singular company in WME's portfolio and they can loose money on it while using it to generate income in other companies. This is a fairly common practice.

Yeah cause Viacom has invested all their 22b in Bellator.. What are you smoking TS? Viacom is a huge broadcasting company that owns many big companies like BET and Paramount Pictures.

1. WME bought the UFC for projected future earnings with revised content distribution deals and decreased operational cost, not current earnings.
2. WME is a entertainment company not a fight company. UFC is just a singular company in WME's portfolio and they can loose money on it while using it to generate income in other companies. This is a fairly common practice.

So like they will have UFC guys in movies or something?

So like they will have UFC guys in movies or something?
Possibly. there are already small stirrings related to this as UFC fighters have been booked in more entertainment based things such as the recent arm-wrestling contest that had tons of UFC "ambassadors" in Vegas and more local events. They can also have WME clients present at the events to show that their clients are "hip and edgy". When you have business's with many different brands under a portfolio it is all about trying to synergize various aspects of them. Honestly @FrankieNYC is better at WME's actual position than I am I just understand general business and have a high interest in MMA business as many of my friends fight. My MBA is more specialized in the aviation and defense worlds.

Possibly. there are already small stirrings related to this as UFC fighters have been booked in more entertainment based things such as the recent arm-wrestling contest that had tons of UFC "ambassadors" in Vegas and more local events. They can also have WME clients present at the events to show that their clients are "hip and edgy". When you have business's with many different brands under a portfolio it is all about trying to synergize various aspects of them. Honestly @FrankieNYC is better at WME's actual position than I am I just understand general business and have a high interest in MMA business as many of my friends fight. My MBA is more specialized in the aviation and defense worlds.

Hey man,
I haven't been on in awhile, so I am just seeing this.
I'm actually very surprised we have not seen WME do more with UFC fighters as far as crossing over.
With their clout, I'm shocked we have not seen more fighters are top talk shows, etc.
Heck Kimmel is part owner & he never even tweets about UFc (never-mind having guest)

The ringside seats at UFC bouts may soon pack more star power now that a host of celebs have lineup as investors in the mixed martial arts organization recently acquired by WME/IMG for $4 billion.

WME/IMG said Friday that such showbiz notables as Ben Affleck, Jimmy Kimmel, Conan O’Brien, Sylvester Stallone, Mark Wahlberg, Michael Bay, Tyler Perry, Trey Parker, Adam Levine and LL Cool J have joined UFC’s ownership group. Those investments are understood to be equity purchases on the part of the new investors.

The list also includes sports figures such as Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Cam Newton, Maria Sharapova and Robert Kraft, chairman-CEO of the New England Patriots. Most of the new investors are clients of WME/IMG.

I thought we would see some immediate crossover, but even those with invested interest are not doing any social media hype.
Celebs will millions of followers on social media promoting UFC with "Can't wait for Saturday ..." is so simple, yet not existent.

Very weird

Last edited:
Back