Bellator finally being able to compete with UFC? STACKED PPV IN NY

They'll get tops 100,000 PPV buyz & blow all their money trying to steal guyz from the UFC that no one is watching any more.

Headliner is a pretty fun match up though... & it's a novelty watching Fedor fight... even though he'z stepped down from title fights. Wow at Hughes going to Bellator. He waz a big time UFC guy before & after he retired... they must of really pissed him off. Didn't see Bader ducking over either... so maybe there'z something to it.

It's gonna be hard to keep spending that money though unless they can draw the crowd.

Sorry but these fights are a joke. If they want to compete successfully, they need stars that aren't 35+ washed up UFC/PRIDE fighters
I agree with you, but let's not forget a basically retired Dan Henderson headlined not too long ago... and they pulled in Anderson (also on the way out) to try and save a horrible card. Both UFC and Bellator are using past-their-prime fighters for their name value.

What are the odds the main and co-main actually hold together and end up happening?

Should've made Fedor vs Mitrione a 5 round main event for the title.

Don't sleep on Bellator. There is definitely a market for older but recognizable fighters.

People shitting on this card must have forgot the last UFC PPV's. The snoozer WW fight with a co-main of no-namers and before that Holm coming off 2 losses vs some broad for a main event, for $60 btw.

I want Bellator on suceed and I want WME to fail. Competition is the best thing that could happen to MMA

How isn't this card stacked?? It has Fedor on it.. Chael (one of the biggest draws ever), and at least 2 title fights + the debut of Aaron Pico who is one of the best debuting prospects of all time. Get your head out of your ass man.

If it were the UFC which had Fedor/Mitrione and Chael/Silva along with the debut of Pico everyone would be creaming it. Big step up in Bellator's game for me, I usually don't watch Bellator, certainly will for this card.

Bellator is making some bold moves, especially with signing some serious talent as of late. On June 24th Bellator will hold a PPV in NY but will also have a free 4 fight main card (Bellator 180) on Spike. No Bellator 180 will not be on PPV, but the PPV portion will be called Bellator NYC. Bellator seems to really trying to compete with UFC, and while they may not be on UFCs level yet, they are getting closer. I'm expecting some spectacular fights this night with the following already announced:

Chael vs Wanderlei
Fedor vs Mitrione
Larkin vs Lima
Chandler vs Primus

And I'm expecting Bellator to also throw on Bader vs Davis II, Matt Hughes vs ? and Gallagher vs Pico, among other fights.
While some may complain that Bellator is nothing compared to UFC, this is just the beginning. WME-IMG really seems to be trying to save $ and allowing many top 10 fighters leave for other promotions. I can see many more contenders in the UFC leaving for Bellator in the near future. Is UFC slowly dying now? With stars like Ronda, Conor, Jones, Anderson nearly out of the picture to an extent, who's left? Sorry for the long rant but this card has be pumped up. I love UFC still but you can't help but appreciate Coker for improving Bellator drastically.
This looks like a decent UFC PPV card at best, something that would do 200-300k buys with the UFC promotional machine behind it.

In saying that, this is the BEST that Bellator could do.

To suggest that cards like these will be Bellator's way of competing with the UFC is just silly. Bellator did a London event last year which I attended, they couldn't even sell out the arena.

Not even close to competing at this stage.

Sorry but these fights are a joke. If they want to compete successfully, they need stars that aren't 35+ washed up UFC/PRIDE fighters

No James Toney vs Randy was a joke
Cm Punk vs Gall was a joke
Mike Jackson vs Gall was a joke
Broken Penn vs Yair was a joke
Sean Gannon vs everybody was a joke

The card isn't finished yet.. But let's compare it to UFC 208 why dont we, cause that was just a barnburner of a card that we all bought.

I'm sorry is Bellator coming to the Barclays center?

When Bellator signs CM Punk and Sage NorthGOAT the UFC is O-V-E-R. Tick Tock

I'm sorry is Bellator coming to the Barclays center?
Nope. they're coming to MSG. Venue doesn't matter, we're comparing quality of cards. UFC 208 and 209 weren't great cards considering UFC is the premiere MMA org.

Nope. they're coming to MSG. Venue doesn't matter, we're comparing quality of cards. UFC 208 and 209 weren't great cards considering UFC is the premiere MMA org.

But I'm not comparing 108 or 109. Im comparing the only two cards booked for MSG so far. Pay attention and stop goal post moving my OP

why did they give the TS to larkin instead of rory?
Because Larkin has been winning fights lately. You need to build Rory a little more.

And BTW.. this card is good but 2 freakshows over legit titlefights is bullshit. And Chael tapping to 67 years old Tito makes it even less interesting.

Not paying for it. Fedor vs Mitrione was advertised to me and fell through on cable TV and I don't appreciate it being behind a paywall. Coker can suck a cock.

I like Chael, but a guy that was tooled by Tito in 2017 headlining a PPV against a fighter long past his prime is ridiculous.

That said, Chael with NY media will be fun

Eh. I woulnd't use the term "compete". They'll try but I doubt it sells more than 100k.

Back