Bellator fighters not being very kind to UFC vets

Gegard won round 1 easily, maybe 10-8.
Gegard won round 2 with one eye, took his back an almost submitted him again. The other guy was doing nothing but spaming telegraphed spinning shit.
Alexander won round 3 with not much effort and not as dominant as round 1.

Gegard won that.

Apart from that punch that swelled up the eye, what did shlemenko do? Moose ducked all those spinning fists and pressured most of the fight. Took shlemenko down at will all first round, also every time they clinched moose got a takedown, except once when shlemenko got him... only to do nothing with it.

You don't base wins in MMA on how their faces look after.

perhaps ufc fighters are still being usada compliant, while bellator fighters are gettin away with more ped usage due to lesser testing
By that analogy, if you're going duck hunting with a deer rifle, you aren't going to kill many ducks, especially when the competition is bringing a shotgun. Always make sure you have the same equipment as the competition, if you get what I'm saying, if not, you will almost always end up with less ducks.

Moose has been exposed

Tito beat this guy with hilarious ease
Tito was just to big. Shlmenko is someone who is already small for 185, and Tito is a big 205er. Tito was losing the whole time until he got taken down.

Apart from that punch that swelled up the eye, what did shlemenko do? Moose ducked all those spinning fists and pressured most of the fight. Took shlemenko down at will all first round, also every time they clinched moose got a takedown, except once when shlemenko got him... only to do nothing with it.

You don't base wins in MMA on how their faces look after.
A lot of those shots from Moose were from way out, out of desparartion, and not properly set up. Those shots were horrible, and you can't say with a straight face that they looked good. He landed some takedowns, but what did he do with those, besides ride Shlemenko's back, trying repeatedly for the RNC, none of which were ever sunk in very well.

Historically, they never have been. It hasn't been until recently (being eliminating the tournament format) that they've gotten success in Bellator, and even then, it was usually at LHW and HW, Bellator's worst divisions.

Moose has been exposed

Tito beat this guy with hilarious ease

tito is a heavyweight fighting a welterweight and has always been a super underrated grappler while shlemenko has always been a very pitiful one. I know the concept of levels is nicer to take in, but even as shitty as Tito was against guys his own size, he held a lot of tangible advantages over Shlemenko that Mousasi didn't.

Mousasi didn't win that fight.
You can't look yourself in the mirror and say that Mousasi rightfully won. Mousasi knows it. Shlemenko knows it. The ref knows it. The commentators know it. The crowd knows it. WE ALL KNOW IT.

also, someone please offer some EPO for mousasi because he had shit cardio too

A lot of those shots from Moose were from way out, out of desparartion, and not properly set up. Those shots were horrible, and you can't say with a straight face that they looked good. He landed some takedowns, but what did he do with those, besides ride Shlemenko's back, trying repeatedly for the RNC, none of which were ever sunk in very well.

That's true, a lot of desperate/failed attempts, and shlemenko defended against them well indeed; I still think moose maneuvered on the ground with ease and took whichever position he wanted, almost, at will. He did it all r1 and all of second half of r2. Enough for a win.

Credit where credit is due of course, shlemenko landed a few big shots but that's about it.

Ohhhh, I love MMA math!!!!
I'll do one better.

Mousasi lost to Jacare who lost to Romero who lost Calvacante who lost to Henderson who lost to BOTH Machida and Silva who both LOST to Weidman.
tenor.gif
Ok lol.
Weidman lost to Romero who lost to Whittaker who lost to Wonderboy who lost to Woodley who lost to Shields who lost to GSP who LOST TO BISPING 92F4BFF9-DFBF-4A6A-8E41-C06893A219D8.jpegFEFB16B3-78B8-4203-9626-9211FB40BC0C.png

Some guys are tough matchups.

One look at the last five years of fighters in the UFC LHW division especially makes it clear that MMA isn't so clear-cut in terms of who is the "best." There are world-class fighters in many different promotions.

Shlemenkenkienenko is a handful for anyone in the world at MW. He very well could be favored over Bisping if the two fought next.

Tons of fighters not in the UFC could give UFC champs and top-5's a run for the money.
I agree with this. Schlemenko is always being shat on for the Halsey and Tito fights, but it looks like he’s been working on those holes in his game. He is a handful for anyone. Could actually see him beating bisping(fuxk me right?)

Big wrestlers are schlemenkos kryptonite though.

Idk, what I see is that a lot of posters will go out of their way to shit on multiple fighters to not give non ufc fighters credit. Happens with the fighters who have beat benson. And it seems to be happening to schlemenko after he ruffed Mousasi up.

Storm didn't give af about the hype, he wasn't scared either, he came in there and fought his ass off tonight

I agree, his stock did go up and he'll learn from this loss

There would be some interesting matchups for Shlemenko in the UFC that's for sure.. Dude showed he can hang

I knew Moose was gonna get that nod from his tds and sub attempts but he got his ass whooped

Great fight, glad I slept all the way 'till the main event. Rest of the card was trash

GSP didn't lose to Bisping.

But I got one...

Bisping lost to Kennedy who lost to Rockhold who lost to Belfort who lost Mousasi.
Just a matter of time so I thought it would be funny to throw it in.

Moose lost to hall who lost to Brunson who lost to Anderson who lost to Bisping.

Storm didn't give af about the hype, he wasn't scared either, he came in there and fought his ass off tonight

I agree, his stock did go up and he'll learn from this loss

There would be some interesting matchups for Shlemenko in the UFC that's for sure.. Dude showed he can hang

I knew Moose was gonna get that nod from his tds and sub attempts but he got his ass whooped

Great fight, glad I slept all the way 'till the main event. Rest of the card was trash
The hardy fight was a blood bath. The Gracie fight was solid.

Back