Bellator champ Michael Chandler dreams of fighting top UFC lightweights but remains happy

Lightweight is one of the most deep divisions there is in mma, bellator needs to do a better job of signing and building lightweight prospects, as well as decent names who have already washed out of the ufc that they could sign

If Bellator wants to keep him they should try to get somebody in the top 6 (he is #7). Those guys are all UFC and I would guess the cheapest to be Barboza (don't feel like looking up payouts).

I understand and kinda feel for Chandler in this situation. He wants to test himself and avenge losses to Brooks and Alvarez but doing that would more than likely cost him a LARGE amount of money. I'm willing to bet Bellator would match or even go over anything the UFC would offer Chandler considering Chandler is one of their very few current homegrown talents and stars and consistently puts on the best fights or finishes in the organization. Plus gong over to the UFC would cost Chandler his sponsorship's with Adidas, American Ethanol, Oak Groves, Affliction(?) etc. Hope Bellator finds some good opponents for Chandler and quick for his sake.

Back