Bellator can't get a break

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
James Gallagher getting KOd after looking good. They get good guys early but can't create the hype damn....

Seems like Moose and Rory are their only cards who got released from the UFC

I know damn I was hoping they were gonna build him.

I loved it. He is just a Conor copycat. He got embarrassed and it was beautiful

this was bound to happen. gallagher's record was built on sub par competition, to be honest.

still, hope he comes back and does well. a loss shows young cats that they aren't invincible.

They will be ok. Gallagher was one of a lot of guys they are promoting. I never thought he was that good to begin with and in fact I made a couple of bucks betting on Bandejas.

Look for AJ McKee, Ed Ruth, Fortunes Bros, Caldwell, Craxton, Pico, etc.. They have plenty of potential "stars" in their roster. Of course some of them are going to fall earlier.

He's super young it's not a big deal.

I'm happy he lost if nothing else it will wake him up to his weaknesses if he won he woulda just kept on.

I liked Gallagher trying to use kicks but his hands are not great and he keeps his head straight up it's pretty obvious he learned striking second and is still very early in the process.

But let's also give props to Ricky who came in to prove he belonged and he definitely did that tonight.

Anyone who’s seen James’s previous fights in Bellator knew this was coming. It was inevitable.

It was gonna happen, if not this fight then next vs Caldwell or if he staid at FW and somehow got to a title fight Pitbull would have murdered him.

He's still young and can get better but I didnt think he was on the elite level. Maybe he can get there at some point, we'll see.

He has the look, the attitude but he's just not at the top level of fighting.

I like it when cocky S.O.B.s get destroyed.

A lot of guys wanna be Conor

They all can’t be Conor

When did he ever look good?
He was landing alot of solid leg kicks and putting pressure on Bandejas

Gallagher is young, he'll bounce back. He just needs to implement some dam head movement for that big ass head of his

Gallagher will live to fight another day. Only 21 and has talent. MMA fans always act like young prospects have died forever if they stop being undefeated but many of the best guys all time had a couple losses to lesser fighters. Not to say Gallagher will be a great but he’s not at his peak and he didn’t pass this test against a level prospect. Guys lose in this sport. Bandejas looked excellent as well.

Granted, I did think Bellator was priming him for an easy path to an eventual vacant title but plans change.

I knew he’d lose after about a minute. It didn’t look like he could hurt Bandejas. Eye test he looked like a child.

Last edited:
All the relevant Bellator fighters are Bjorn Rebney's signees and not Scott Coker's projects. Coker has piggy backed off of signing ex-UFC guys while pushing the established Bellator fighters to the side the best he can. Who is the one star that Scott Coker has built from his Bellator tenure? Remember, MVP was a Bjorn Rebney signee. Bellator has Darrion Caldwell (Bjorn Rebney signee), and Patricio Pitbull Freire (Bjorn Rebney signee), and Michael Chandler (Bjorn Rebney signee), and Saad Awaad (Bjorn Rebney signee), and Douglas Lima (Bjorn Rebney signee), and Andrey Koreshkov (Bjorn Rebney signee), and Michael Venom Page (Bjorn Rebney signee). Scott Coker, in four years as head of Bellator, has yet to produce a Bellator star under his tenure. Rory MacDonald, Benson Henderson, Gegard Mousasi, Phil Davis, Chael Sonnen, and Ryan Bader, Scott Coker piggy backed on the name value those fighters built off their hard work in the UFC. Those potential Scott Coker built stars are still in their SQUASH MATCH fighting phase except for James Gallagher, whose first step up in opponent got smashed.

Last edited:
Logan Storley is a beast.

I think his entries and control are as impressive or even more effective than Khabib's (Blasphemy I know). USA wrestling is no joke and though Russians are outstanding wrestlers, probably the best on Earth, Khabib isn't your traditional Russian wrestler with a long, international competition record. He knows wrestling but probably has spent more time in a gi than without.

Logan's grappling looks straight vicious, USA wrestling.

Last edited:
If people like to compare to him Conor than they should know Conor did lose a couple fights before become a huge mma star.

I always knew Gallagher would not be the Conor 2.0 they were hoping for. Conor, for all the shit we talk on him, is a very good athlete and has always had tremendous coordination and physical tangibles. Gallagher is just a decent ground fighter, but slow, unathletic and more like SBG's other offerings in the way of Pendred and Paddy Hooligan. You can talk in this sport but make no mistake, it is still a sport with athletes.

James Gallagher getting KOd after looking good. They get good guys early but can't create the hype damn....

Seems like Moose and Rory are their only cards who got released from the UFC

MVP? Pico? Pico lost his first fight, still I am always pumbed as hell to see him fight now. Same with MVP.

Back