Bellator brings back tape-delay for Bellator 209 in November

null

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't know who is writing Patricio Pitbull's tweets in perfect English but Bellator is continuing the tape delay nonsense with their Israel card next month for Bellator 209. It will be streamed and broadcasted delayed from Thursday to Friday on DAZN as well as Paramount Network, probably due to the Sabbath, instead of showing it live on Thursday when it happens:

it's so fuckin stupid fuck Dazn, fuck bellator and fuck viacom

Very weird about DAZN
Paramount it makes sense

Bellator don’t give a fuck about satisfying their consumers. This is bullshit. Their treatment of the U.K. market is bullshit. Year after year after year. How difficult can it be to ensure viewers can actually access your product? This is 2018. Terrible management of the Bellator product.

damn such dissapointment. maybe still under contract since its on paramount so dazn can't air it live but for the dazn only events it must be live. they should not air europe events on paramount anymore

Tape delay=me not watching. Can’t support it. It’s 2018

Thought they would change for DAZN if not for Paramount atleast. Very weak

You have to be kidding me, I hope something was lost in translation.

196157.gif

DAZN usually airs the events live, so very strange. I was watching WBSS at 7 am two weeks ago.

Insane. Dazn is supposed to be the remedy to that shit.

Learning DAZN will have tape delay and not keep the replay's beyond a week has taken away my enthusiasm for their product.

Really don't understand why DAZN would delay it.

Totally see why Paramount would. But maybe that is part of the deal if Paramount isn't showing it live in most US markets DAZN can't either.

It's really bad scheduling by Bellator. WTF can't they schedule these events like the UFC when they hold events outside of the USA? The show should be broadcasted live not tape delayed. I will know who won so why watch the fucking tape delay?

the delay is one of the main reasons i skip bellator stuff, why wait 3 hours when i can just skim the results online.

damn such dissapointment. maybe still under contract since its on paramount so dazn can't air it live but for the dazn only events it must be live. they should not air europe events on paramount anymore

DAZN aired last weekend & both were tape delayed by Paramount (west coast)
Its a weird call, but lets see how it plays out

DAZN aired last weekend & both were tape delayed by Paramount (west coast)
Its a weird call, but lets see how it plays out
forgot about the west coast thing, paramount might have a contractual thing where it cant air before it airs on paramount so it doesnt hurt the ratings more, the ratings are probably already taking a hit with the simulcast. so either stop airing on paramount i guess is the only solution to no more tape delay? maybe its only this year?

forgot about the west coast thing, paramount might have a contractual thing where it cant air before it airs on paramount so it doesnt hurt the ratings more, the ratings are probably already taking a hit with the simulcast. so either stop airing on paramount i guess is the only solution to no more tape delay? maybe its only this year?

I get that
The weird thing was one of the things they hyped about the signing was DAZN would air live.
Something seems off, I'll guess we will see

Whats really going to blow your mind is......

They will tape delay the tape delay on the west coast. I also thought they were gonna be live thru dazn for situations just like this. I wonder if the bellator app would show it live...probably not. I wasnt impressed with dazns functionality either, they had a lot of buffering issues during chael vs fedor and I have a great internet connection.

Whats really going to blow your mind is......

They will tape delay the tape delay on the west coast. I also thought they were gonna be live thru dazn for situations just like this. I wonder if the bellator app would show it live...probably not. I wasnt impressed with dazns functionality either, they had a lot of buffering issues during chael vs fedor and I have a great internet connection.

It took a bit to figure out what you meant lol

You mean PARAMOUNT will (I think)

Back