Bellator bad luck gets another boring champion in Caldwell

Was a good fight....

Caldwell is a wrestler obviously he's looking for takedowns and clinch...

Dantas grabbed the fence atleast 7-8 times and looked flat.

Caldwell is a great champion with a very solid skill set and still growing.

Lmao at OP bet your a Woodley fan :)

War caldwell!!

Caldwell has a boring style, but the thing is, he's athletic as fuck. Being that athletic, you're bound to catch someone with some crazy shit like the elbow and flying knee he landed. Against tough dudes like Dantas it's gonna be tough to finish him but Caldwell landed some crazy stuff that would finish a lot of dudes. Nobody in Bellator is as good as Dantas. Caldwell will land some crazy shit against an easier opponent and will have some flashy finishes. Look what he did to Warren. Put him against some lower level dudes and he'll put these guys out quick.

He had thrown the only effective strikes in whole fight....

It was Dantas who didn't do shit.

Dantas didn't do shit. I'm glad Caldwell won

It was a 6/10 fight. Dantas has lost a little fire, in my opinion.

I feel that it benefits Bellator more to have Caldwell as champ. He is an American wrestler who trains out of Cali. Coker holds a lot of Cali cards. Could throw Caldwell in a lot of them.

Didn't think it was a terrible fight. The only problem I have with Caldwell is that he would rather lay on you than take a chance and go for a finish. He had a number of opportunities to go for a submission but didn't even try and just kept control.

Didn't think it was a terrible fight. The only problem I have with Caldwell is that he would rather lay on you than take a chance and go for a finish. He had a number of opportunities to go for a submission but didn't even try and just kept control.

Probably a bit gunshy from the Joe T fights. Plus Cruz trains him so I assume Cruz probably mentally got him to eliminate any risks that stood in his path to victory.

Woodley vs Wonderboy both fights very uneventful. Two highly skilled fighters can negate action due to cautious defense. As the expression says, takes two to tango and when both fighters can’t lead can be dull. Still grinding wrestlers bring a dull stigma since safe but low action. This is why UFC tries to cut dull wrestlers once they lose. It is entertainment biz after all.

I was more bored by Dantas not trying to do anything than by Caldwell trying to do what he did and succeeding.

Legit changed the channel after the first round of cage humping after watching the rest of the main card.

Well it's all Dantas' fault. While Caldwell may have done next to nothing the entire fight, Dantas LITERALLY did nothing! This is a trend with Nova Uniao fighter unfortunately. They come out of the gate in the beginning of their careers looking like total killers being aggressive as hell and giving absolutely no quarter, and then the begin to fight very static, coasting through every round doing just enough to get the W and nothing else. Look at the beginning of Jose Aldo's career and then look at when he came to the UFC. Total difference. Lacked any of the killer instinct he had in the WEC and just coasted to wins. Look at Sandro. Now look at Dantas. With Dantas this new found "patty cake patty cake do enough to get the win" happened immediately after he got his clock cleaned by Tyson Nam.

It's upsetting. I began watching MMA around the time when Dantas first burned on the scene beating BJ Kojima in Shooto and he has really deteriorated. Went from being an exciting uber prospect who looked like a world beater to someone how can't hang with people that have no business in the same cage with him because he simply won't pull the trigger.

Caldwell, is a dreadfully underdeveloped fighter. All the guy can do is desperately shot takedowns. His striking is nonexistent and rarely does he ever try to finish a fight with a submission. Dantas should be ashamed. THe fight shouldn't have even been competitive let alone him managing to lose!

Dantas looked alot like himself when he fought Warren for the 1st time. Very timid and focused on defensive wrestling rather than implementing his offense. Dantas has the ability to regain the title and I believe he will.

Let's hope so. It really is frustrating. He's so much better than what he just showed.

Back