Bellator adding a mens Flyweight Division?

FKA

AZ Hotshots/OAK Raiders/That Bellator guy
Banned
Reaction score
I've been putting together a list of my favorite young talents Bellator has and i stumbled upon something while researching.

While i was on Spike.com i was looking through the roster when i realized you can search by specific divisions so i began doing so....

Only to discover a Flyweight division......not Womans Flyweight either.I clicked but no fighters are listed.....

Do you guys think that Bellator is going to bring in a Mens Flyweight Division?& if so what are your reactions?

Personally I'd like to see them focus on filling in the other divisions and keep nabbing up top Free Agents.I'm aware Viacom has opened up the bank a bit to help Coker build more so we shall see how this all pans out.

I think they should... nothing wrong with the weightclass... its ot successful in UFC because of mighty mouse it shouldnt be black listed everywhere because of that.

If they do, I imagine they'd build it from guys that didn't get signed off of DWTNCS and smaller Russian fighters. I doubt they'd bring Makovsky back.

Ah, that's been there forever. It had me wondering too. I think there were plans for a men's FLW last year but those were just rumors.

Bellator has booked fights at 125 but they were just filler prelim fights.

The UFC barely makes any money off of their FLW division. Call me crazy, but I don't think Bellator would do much better. I think Bellator came to their senses and decided nix it, for now. WSOF tried and it failed. There's barely any decent unsigned talent outside the UFC.

it could have been talked about but I think they need to focus on padding their other divisions first rather than create another new even thinner division

They're better off not doing it. They don't put on nearly as many events as they used to, and the more divisions you have, the more events you need to put on to keep fighters active.

I think they got rid of that division right after they got on Spike TV they just have the random fight in that division every now and again now

They should focus on building up their BW division first, that shit's dead.

doubt it just card fillers IMO unless Dana sells the division..... I could see Dj being mighty on tv with Scott

it could have been talked about but I think they need to focus on padding their other divisions first rather than create another new even thinner division

This.

Use those resources to PUMP UP the existing divisions.

If Joe Warren would be willing to drop down, they'd be silly not to. Warren as a champion makes Bellator more money than not.
And there're a lotta good fighters at flyweight that would be marketable.

I think the last thing they need is more weight classes.

Truth is Coker can't even manage the roster he has. Since the PPV he has barely put on an event that even remotely gets you to want to tune in to Bellator. Which is unacceptable when you have your biggest event ever and follow up with events like we've seen.

They do some Fly fights on undercard but they arent adding a real div, atleast they'd be smart not to.

Unless they just want another belt to put on a card thats it, they'd have a div with so few top guys it would be one of their worst. UFC has majority of the elite and the few Flys they let go like Horiguchi or Ali are signed to other orgs.

Be a very smart move to do so, especially with some of the best 125 fighters in mma today, aren't in the ufc. If Coker can develope the division better then the UFC has thus far, that can also open more doors for Bellator.

I wish that when you clicked to see Bellator flyweights it was just a picture of Tito's head, which weighs exactly 126lbs.

The only justification for this is if they had a big potential superstar (probably Chinese or Indian) to build the division around, while trying to avoid Dantas.

Similar to the UFC introducing the WFW division for Cyborg, even though there's a nonexistent talent pool.

Be a very smart move to do so, especially with some of the best 125 fighters in mma today, aren't in the ufc. If Coker can develope the division better then the UFC has thus far, that can also open more doors for Bellator.

No it wouldnt be smart. First who are all these top 125ers not in UFC? Horiguchi is only top 15 guy and he's fighting at BW.

UFC has all the top fighters and the P4P best fighter in the world as champ and nobody cares, there is nothing Bellator can do to make the div popular and it sure as hell isnt opening more doors for Bellator.

Back