Bellator 8 Man Tournament 1st Round match-ups

None of these matchup are confirmed at this point I don't think

I think Mir beats Fedor with relative ease.
I think Chael beats Rampage in a fight that looks very similar to the Chael v Wanderlei fight.
I think Bader beats Nelson relatively easy.
I think Mitrione beats King Mo.
Mir, but do we really know what type of shape Frank’s in?
Chael, I agree with you.
Bader, stick & move decision, Nelson has weapons, I don’t think it’ll be easy.
Meat, I agree but I just don’t know, I’m excited for this matchup the most although the Chael/Page match is sentimental:):)

Frank Mir vs. Fedor Emelionenko

Chael Sonnen vs. Quinton Jackson

Roy Nelson vs. Ryan Bader

Matt Mitrione vs. Muhammed Lawal

Who do you think makes it to Round 2?
Discuss

I'd rather they did
Sonnen vs Fedor

Mir vs Bader

Nelson vs Jackson

Matt vs Mo

Make all the little guys beat a big guy to move on. I also think these are more interesting match-ups. Anyway, if your match-ups are right I have Mir, Sonnen, Bader, and Matt.

Last edited:
Chael in theory could actually win the entire tournament. I don't see Rampage being much of a problem for him. I think Ryan Bader and Frank Mir are his biggest threats.

Think Bader/Meathead is the fight. Meathead beat Fedor, I think he beats Nelson, he'd beat Mir. Bader would be his toughest opponent if they fought.

I just hope Chanel makes it past Rampage bc that would be hilarious to see him vs Meathead, BC, or Mir.

Who in the world would have thought a few years back that we would be potentially seeing Fedor vs Bader

Mir and Bader can't take a shot and theyre fighting strike spammers. You sure?

Roy is pretty awful now, Ryan will take him dowb at will, and i doubt Roy could even land anything if Bader did decide to box.

Fedor got owned by Maldonado and then KOed by Mitrione. Frank was really only losing to the best guys. Mir wins at this point standing or on the ground.

That's not happening, they are going to stretch these out headlining separate cards all year long.

Best not stretch out 1st round too long if tourny will start and end in 2018.

... whats this I hear about Shane Carwin joining the tourney?

So what’s the weight limit since not all of these guys are heavyweights? The normal 265?
Obviously, because it's heavyweight. There is no other heavyweight division that isnt between 206 and 265.

If there are lhw's present, they are just planning to come in heavy or fight at wherever the are weightwise.

i dont really understand why some of you hate and make fun of this tournament. i love the idea of lhw's who test themselves at hw and the real hw's arent bad fighters altho out of their primes.

Mo allready won a openweight tournament in Rizin and did so while competing against decent opponents and Rampage and Bader are huge lhw's who cut massive weight to make the lhw limit. the only one that doesnt fit in this tournament is Sonnen.

i actually pick a lhw as the favorite to win this tournament ( Bader )

I agree with you. To me if you're 200 pounds your a hw. That's how it used to be but now I'm good with 205+. I dont think there should be a cap either. I'd b completely fine with a 205 pound guy facing a 350 pound guy and the majority of the time the 205 pound guy wins. Generally the best hws are 220-240 anyways.

Back